December 2019 is a month that astro - geeks across the India are already eagerly looking forward to! This Christmas turns a little more magical as we gladly announce our Annular Solar Eclipse Tour to Kasaragod, Kerala. This phenomenon was last clearly visible from India in 2009 and it won't be until 2031 that it makes its next appearance! So what are you waiting for? Book now for an exclusively planned trip, with Dr. Prakash Tupe and Prof. P.K. Ghanekar at the helm of this tour. We have been fortunate enough to have these two imminent personalities lead our eclipse tours in the past, and needless to say, the experience has been heavenly, in its literal sense! Secure your seat now, as we have limited bookings open.
- A chance to view the rare'Rings of Fire'!
- Valuable inputs from two renowned experts.
- Limited number of seats to ensure a smooth viewing experience.
- Pune to Pune trip.
- The well-known Foliage Outdoors hospitality!
Day 1 - Pune - Mumbai - Mangalore
Assemble at Foliage Outdoors Kothrud office at 1330 hrs. Departure by private coach (Non AC) to Panvel at 1400 hrs. Arrival at Panvel at 1730 hrs. BoardLTT KCVL EXPRESS departing from Panvel at 1810 hrs for Mangalore Junction. Overnight train journey. Meals included: None.
Day 2 - Stargazing Session at Nileshwaram
Arrival at Mangalore at 1015 hrs. Proceed to the resort (Approx 2 hours drive by Non AC buses). Lunch upon arrival. Post-lunch briefing sessions by Prof. P. K Ghanekar & Dr. Prakash Tupe about the Annular Solar Eclipse. Dinner followed by stargazing session on the beach. Overnight at the resort. Meals included: Lunch and Dinner.
Day 3 - Annular Solar Eclipse.
Breakfast at 7 AM. Approx 15 mins walk to the designated site to observe the Annular Solar Eclipse at 0730 hrs. Return to the resort by 1000 hrs. Post lunch Transfer to the Mangalore Jn Railway Station to board the train departing for Panvel at 1645 hrs. Overnight train journey. Meals included: Breakfast and lunch.
Day 4 - Panvel - Pune
Arrival at Panvel at 0825 hrs. Proceed to Pune. End of services. Meals Included - None.
What is included in the tour
- PUNE - LOKMANYA TILAK TERMINUS (LTT) AND PANVEL - PUNE, NON AC SURFACE TRANSPORT.
- LTT - MANGALORE - PANVEL 3AC RAIL FARE.
- MANGALORE - BEKAL - MANGALORE NON AC TRANSPORT.
- ACCOMMODATION ON TRIPLE-SHARING BASIS IN AC ROOMS.
- MEALS AS INDICATED IN THE ITINERARY.
- GROUP LEADER FROM TEAM FOLIAGE.
- GOODS & SERVICES TAX.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water bottle / cold drinks during the journey or at the campsite.
- Personal expenditure of any kind. (Porterage, Telephone, Laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if any / if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”.