Bhimashankar & Bhorgiri
- Grade: Easy
- Altitude: Approx 3150 feet above sea level
- Villages: Bhimashankar & Bhorgiri
- District: Pune
Bhimashankar is a wildlife sanctuary in Maharashtra surrounding the temple of Bhimashankar. This temple is around 1200 – 1400 years old and is built on the Hemad Panthi style. Bhimashankar is a Jyotirlinga and is worshipped for ages, there are many trek routes leading to Bhimashankar. There is River Bhima which originates at Bhimashankar. Our trek route is through this thick forest cover we might get a chance to see Giant Squirrel popularly known as "Shekru" in the Marathi language.
Bhorgiri Fort has two caves which are easily visible from the village. There are remnants of the fortification wall and then to the summit. Here there is a Satvahana era water tank of which two parts have water and the third part is dried up and has a Veerghal kept in it. Circumnavigating the fort on the left we come across a water tank which is in ruins and it has a Shivling carved on it.
Date 31st December 2019, Tuesday
0645 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonald's (Opp Karishma Society)
0700 hrs: Departure from Pune, Breakfast en route
1100 hrs: Reach Bhorgiri village
1100 - 1300 hrs: Hike up - Explore fort - Descend
1300 - 1500 hrs: Lunch and Rest
1500 - 1830 hrs: Reach Yelavli village - witness Sunset - Back to the campsite
1830 - 2200 hrs: Group Interaction + Dinner & Lights off
Date 1st January 2020, Wednesday
0600 - 0830 hrs: Wakeup - Freshen-up - Breakfast
0830 - 1230 hrs: Hike to Bhimashankar
1230 - 1330 hrs: Lunch
1800 hrs: Reach Pune - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration:- 29th December 2019, 1700 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (At least 25 - 30 lit). (Compulsory)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) & Electoral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dry-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Extra set of clothes & Towel/Napkin (Recommended)
- Winter wear / Warm Clothes / Blanket (Sweater / Jacket / Windcheater) (Compulsory)
- Ear Muffs / Ear Protection Crochet for covering Ears
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, hand sanitizer, Toilet paper)
- Bedding (2 Blankets, Travel pillow)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
- Provisional cash Rs.500/- per person
- Please note: stay is in tents on multiple sharing & the toilet arrangement is in a dry pit toilet tent
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone, etc)
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Transport: Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
After Registration *Temporary What's App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
What's App group will be formed two days prior to the departure date.
Trek Leader: 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi) & 9673632374 (Prasad Danve)
Back-up contact: 7720012720 Anupam Tamboli
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune to Pune by Non-AC Chartered Vehicle (Tempo Traveller / Bus)
- Meals: Starting from Breakfast on Day 1 till Evening Tea on Day 2
- Accommodation: Very basic Tent or village homestay on Multiple Sharing
- Exploration as per Itinerary
- Services of Resource Person from Foliage Outdoors
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any accommodation other than mentioned in the Inclusions
- Any Food / Packaged Drinking Water / Beverages other than mentioned in Inclusions
- Any kind of Insurance
- Any change in the program due to reason beyond the control of organizers (Like Road Blocks, Weather, etc)