Dodi Tal is probably one of the most serene high altitude lakes of Garhwal. This emerald lake is nestled amidst high mountains at an altitude of 3310 meters above sea level and is one of the very few lakes where Himalayan Trouts (Dodi in local language - hence Dodi Tal) are found. The lake is surrounded by the thick forest of oak, fir and rhododendron. In a mythological reference, this is the birth place of Lord Ganesha.
Further uphill walk of around 5 kms takes us to Darwa Top located at an altitude above 4000 meters which offers a splendid panoramic views of Himalayan range and snow capped peaks like Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini.
- Crystal Clear Emerald Lake with Himalayan trout
- Lush green meadows and thick forests
- Views of snow capped Himalayan Peaks: Bandarpunch peak and Swargarohini Peak
- Rare glimpses of an ancient culture of local people.
Day 1 : Arrival at Delhi | Overnight travel to Dehradun
Overnight travel by train/ Volvo towards Dehradun.
Day 2 : Dehradun-Uttarkashi (1158m)|Overnight at Uttarkashi
Travel Distance/ Time: 144 Kms / 5-6 Hrs
We will board our chartered vehicle and be driven up to Uttarkashi. Breakfast en route. Reach Uttarkashi by Lunch time and check in into the hotel. Day can be utilized for last minute shopping for Trek Essentials, Temple Visit (Vishwanath Temple). A briefing of the trek will be followed by the dinner.
Overnight at hotel in Uttarkashi.
Day 3 : Uttarkashi- Sangam Chatti (2250m)|Trek from Sangam Chatti to Bhebra| Overnight at Bhebra
Travel Distance/ Time: 16 Kms | 45 Mins
Trek Time: 7 kms | 4-5 Hrs
Today post breakfast, we will start our drive towards Sangam Chatti - a small village market place and the starting point of our trek.
From here, we will start our hike towards Bhebra. The initial ascend to Agoda village is steep. From Agoda the ascend is gradual up to Bhebra.
Overnight in tents at Bhebra.
Day 4 : Trek from Bhebra to Dodital (3310m)| Overnight at Dodital
Trek Time: 13 kms | 6-7 Hrs
After having an early breakfast. We will start our gradual ascend towards Dodital. The initial trail is through a mix forest high above the Asi Ganga. En route we will get the glimpses of Gujar settlement at Majhi (3150 m). Enjoy our packed lunch here and start the further hike of about 5 kms through rhododendron, oak, pine and bamboo forest takes us to Dodital by late afternoon. Get soaked into the serene beauty of the lake & feel rejuvenated.
Overnight in tents at Dodital.
Day 5 : Trek from Dodital to Darwa Pass (4150m) and back (Trek 6-7 hrs) |Overnight at Dodital
Trek Time: 12 kms | 6-7 Hrs (6 kms uphill climb till Darwa Pass)
We will start early as the ascend to the summit needs significant amount of time and effort. The initial ascend is pleasant through meadows and rhododendron trees. The ascend gets steeper at the end. All the hard work gets paid off at the summit with the splendid views of the majestic Himalayas. Enjoy the grand views of peaks like Bandarpunch and Swargarohini I (6252 m). After spending some time here we will start our descend back towards Dodital. Celebrate the successful summit of Darwa-Pass once you reach the camp at Dodital.
Overnight in tents at Dodital.
Day 6 : Trek from Dodital to Agoda (2280m) |Overnight at Agoda
Trek Time: 15 kms | 5-6 Hrs
Today we trek back towards Agoda. The route is mostly downhill and falls into easy category.
Overnight at Homestay in Agoda.
Day 7 : Trek from Agoda to Sangam Chatti | Sangam Chatti to Dehradun | Overnight travel to Delhi
Trek Time: 5 kms | 2-3 Hrs
Travel Distance/ Time: 160 Kms | 6-7 Hrs
After breakfast we will start our easy descend to reach Sangam chatti. At Sangam Chatti we will board our vehicle and drive back to Dehradun. Lunch En route. We will reach Dehradun by around 6 pm.
Travel overnight to Delhi.
Day 8 : Departure From Delhi
Reach Delhi in the morning.
Tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Garhwal Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Overnight Delhi - Dehradun - Delhi by AC Vehicle (Train/Volvo)
- Transport: Non-AC Chartered Vehicle from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Accomodation at Uttarkashi (in Hotel), Agoda (in Homestay) & along the trek route (in Tents) on twin sharing basis
- All meal charges - from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Trekking arrangements as per the itinerary.
- Porter/mule charges for carrying personal luggage of 10 kg maximum per bag per person camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses, Travel insurance.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”