Dukesnose to Umbarkhind
Umberkhind is one of the best examples of guerrilla warfare and also one of the battles in which Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj himself was present during the warfare.
Date: 5th January 2019, Sunday
0530 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0545 hrs: Departure from Pune
0545 - 0700 hrs: Breakfast en-route
0800 - 0830 hrs: Reach Kurvande Village
0830 - 1400 hrs: Start hike - Explore from Dukes Nose - Descend to Chavani
1400 - 1700 hrs: Board the bus - En-route Explore Umberkhind (late lunch or snacks)
1700 - 2030 hrs: Start travel back to Pune
2030 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration:- 3rd January 2019, 1800 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (20 to 30 lit) (Compulsory)
- Minimum 3 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks or Lunch for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Compulsory)
- Wear Dry-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Winter wear / Warm Cloths (Jacket / OR Windcheater) (Recommended)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Extra set of Clothes (If wish to change, but no changing facility available)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
Provisional cash @ Rs.1500/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
(At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone, etc)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
Tempo traveler for 10+ participants to make it economical for all.
For lesser participants, Trek Leader will discuss and decide.
After Registration *Temporary What's App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
What's App group will be formed by two day prior to the departure date.
Trek Leader: 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi), 96736 32374 (Prasad Danve|)
Back-up contact: 7720012720 (Anupam Tamboli)