The states of North East India are a land of pristine untouched forests, lush green valleys, lost and forgotten cultures nestled in mountains that disappear into the clouds. Thrown across the farthest reaches of India, obscured from the greater world by ageless forests and formidable mountain ranges, the states of North East India are one of Asia’s last great natural and anthropological sanctuaries.
This well crafted exclusive tour of Meghalaya and Assam enhances your experience not only by the comfort of good stay but also gives you an opportunity to get a closer insight into North East India.
These remote frontiers of rugged beauty are ready to unfold an eclectic mix of tribal cultures, climates, landscapes and people.
The clouds, waterfalls, Caves and never ending cool blue mountains define the essence of Meghalaya. The simpleton khasi tribe are warm and welcoming.
In other words, traveller with a taste for raw adventure and the thirst to explore the remote and the unexplored, alongside the comfort driven stay and travel arrangements can bag this opportunity. The saying “The more you look, the more you see” aptly summarises this expedition.
- Umiam lake in Meghalaya.
- Waterfalls (Seven sisters, Nohkalikai - The largest in Meghalaya).
- Cave Exploration in Cherrapunjee.
- Hike through the rainforest to Living root bridge (double decker).
- Indo-Bangla border.
- Boating and swimming in Crystal clear water at Dawki.
- Mawlynnong (the cleanest village of Asia featured by Lonely planet).
- Walk to Single decker root bridge at Riwai.
- Jeep safari at Pobitora for Rhino sighting.
- Amazing photographic opportunities.
- Experience and celebrate the unique “Folk culture and cuisine of North East India”.
DAY 1: Arrive Guwahati | Overnight at Guwahati
Reporting at Guwahati Airport. After arriving at the gateway to the east and the largest city in Assam, we will head towards hotel. Enjoy the majestic views of the Brahmaputra and Umanand island.
DAY 2: Guwahati - Cherrapunjee | Overnight at Cherrapunjee
Travel time: 5 hrs / Distance: 150 Kms
Highlights of the day: Never ending blue hill ranges, Water falls (Nohkalikai, Seven sisters etc), Monolith and Caving.
DAY 3: Explore Cherrapunjee | Trekking | Overnight at Cherrapunjee
Highlights of the day: Sunrise, Trek to double decker “living root bridge”.
DAY 4: Cherrapunjee - Mawlynnong- Dawki - Shillong | Overnight at Shillong
Travel time: 7 hrs / Distance: 200 kms
Highlights of the day: Visit Bangladesh border, Swimming and boating in the beautiful turquoise waters of river umngot at Dawki. Then drive to Mawlynnong - recognised as the cleanest village by Lonely Planet.
DAY 5: Explore Shillong | Overnight at Shillong
Highlights of the day: The interactive Don Bosco Tribal museum, Experience the traditional archery gambling, shop at Police bazar.
DAY 6: Shillong - Pobitora| Overnight at Pobitora
Travel time: 3-4 hrs / Distance : 120 kms
Highlights of the day: A scenic drive as we cross the countless rivers and tea estates.
DAY 7: Pobitora - Guwahati | End of tour
Travel time: 3 hrs / Distance: 75 kms
Highlights of the day: Jeep safari to see the endangered “One horned Rhino” and enjoy your last moments with fellow traveller and bid adieu to the beautiful North East!
What is included in the tour
- Chartered vehicle (Guwahati to Guwahati)
- Bed and Breakfast
- Stay in Homestays/Guest houses on Twin/ Triple sharing.
- Wildlife Jeep Safari at Pobitora Wildlife sanctuary.
- Driver cum guide for the circuit.
- Local guide during dbl decker living root bridge hike.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the “Inclusion list”
- Monumental entry fee/ activities.
- Travel arrangement up to and from Guwahati.
- Water bottles, Cold drinks, Room Services etc.
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Change , extension of stay due to any reason beyond the organisers capacity.
- Travel/ Medical insurance.