There are very few treks which can offer almost everything that one wishes to see on an Himalayan trek- incredible views of glacial valleys, thick pine forest, open meadows, gushing Himalayan streams, and an adventurous crossing of a high altitude pass. Hampta pass trek connects the two famous and beautiful valleys of Kullu and Lahaul.
On one side are the absolutely lush green valleys of Kullu & Manali and on the other is the semi-arid region of the Lahaul valley. This wonderful trail is meant for everyone, right from adventurous first timers to seasoned hikers. The pass itself is very inviting and poses fewer challenges compared to some of its brethren, but it is in no way a cakewalk.
Chandra Taal, is a high altitude alpine lake & a paradise for mountain lover’s. It is situated at an altitude of about 14000 feet in the Himalayas. Mountains of scree overlook the lake on one side, and a magnificent cirque presents a stunning view on the other.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Delhi - Manali - Delhi by Volvo
- Local transport : Transfers to road head, Chandratal day visit and drop to Manali from Chataru camp.
- Accommodation at Manali in hotel on twin sharing basis for 2 nights.
- Alpine camping at during the trek route for 4 nights.
- Accommodation at Sonaugi twin sharing basis for 2 nights.
- All meal charges - from Delhi to Delhi
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors.
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Portage upto 8 Kg per person during the trek route.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”
- Incredible views of glacial valleys, thick pine forest, open meadows
- Trek in the Pir-panjal range.
- Experience crossing a High Altitude Pass through shepherd route.
- A day visit to Chandratal - Photography delight.
- A medium level trek enjoyed by both experienced trekkers and beginners.
- Trek hassle free in the exclusive batch with like minded co trekker.
- Pass Rohtang pass by road.
Day 1 : Arrival at Delhi | Delhi - Manali overnight travel
The drive through to manali are divided in to 2 segments, 1st half travel on the flat roads for almost 350 kms then the beautiful mountain roads covering roughly 230 kms.The Volvo services will help us to make this long journey comfortable.
Day 2 : Arrival Manali base camp | Rest | Overnight at Manali Base Camp
Today we enjoy the beautiful scenery around Manali and stretch our legs on a small acclimatization trek. We also engage in some fun ice breaking, introductory sessions and group games.
Overnight in hotel at Manali.
Day 3 : Drive to Jogri | Trek to Chika | Overnight at Chika
Drive time : 1 hr | Trek time : 4 hrs. | Trek difficulty level : Easy | Altitude : 3150 mt.
The trek route is delightful as we are traversing through the Pir Panjal mountain ranges. Tea stalls by the side of a glacial stream adds on to some refreshing breaks. By end of the day’s trek you will find yourself amongst the beautiful valleys surrounded by snow clad peaks.
Overnight at Chika campsite.
Day 4 : Trek Balu ka gera | Overnight at Balu ka Gera
Trek time : 5-6 hrs. | Trek difficulty level : Moderate. | Altitude : 3700 mt.
Today’s trek starts by bouldering on the mountainside till we reach the beautiful cascading waterfalls at rocky Cliffside. The water is refreshingly cold the valley gets narrower, the rock faces and tumbling Rani Nallah are your companions. Once you have climbed 1000 ft out of Jwara, you’ll see the true Hampta Pass from a distance. After a while, the Rani Nallah quietens and fans out into a ford that is your next campsite, Balu Ka Gera.
Overnight at Balu ka Gera.
Day 5 : Trek - Cross Hamta - Shea Goru | Overnight at Shea Goru
Trek time : 4- 5 hours. | Trek difficulty level :Challenging. | Altitude : 3300 mt.
The valley you’ll trek through today is almost a gorge with intimidating mountains rising on either side. Mt Indrasen will tower over you on your right. The Pass itself is like an overhang. You can have lunch here while you experience the incredible twist in scenery: the expanse of desert mountains of Lahaul decorated with scattered groups of red flowers.
Overnight at Shea Goru.
Day 6 : Trek Chatru | Drive to Chandratal | Overnight at Chatru
Trek time :3-4 hrs. | Altitude : 4270 mt.
Today’s walk is quite easy along the river, you can see the distant valleys of Lahaul and Spiti come into view. The massive mountains of the Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape till the campsite at Chhatru.
From here we drive to Chandratal . Turquoise water among the reddish brown mountains of Spiti- makes for a fantastical landscape. Enjoy the scenery here and have amazing photographic opportunities, then we drive back to Chatru.
Overnight at Chatru.
Day 7 : Drive Chatru - Manali | Overnight at Manali (Fog Hills)
Travel time : 7hrs. Drive.
Today we take a drive through Rohtang Pass to reach Manali. Enjoy the famous high altitude pass and arrive back to the comfort of a hotel stay.
Overnight at Manali.
Day 8 : Day at Leisure at Manali | Overnight travel to Delhi
Post breakfast free day in Manali for local sightseeing or to visit Manali mall road for shopping. Post lunch, depart for Delhi by AC Volvo coach.
(Overnight Volvo Journey.)
Day 9 : Fly out from Delhi.
Time to say “bid adieu” with loads of trek memories. Tour ends upon arrival at Delhi Bus Stop.