The states of North East India are a land of pristine untouched forests, lush green valleys, lost and forgotten cultures nestled in mountains that disappear into the clouds. Thrown across the farthest reaches of India, obscured from the greater world by ageless forests and formidable mountain ranges, the states of North East India are one of Asia’s last great natural and anthropological sanctuaries.
Travelling in North East India, especially in Nagaland, has a lot to offer. These remote frontiers of rugged beauty is ready to unfold an eclectic mix of tribal cultures, climates, landscapes and people.
Nagaland aptly hitches you with unique landscapes while trekking to Dzukou valley. Besides this there will be photographic opportunities while exploring Naga Bazar at Kohima, large and old Catholic churches. Accompanied by this, one can also experience the haunt-hitched memories of World War II.
What is included in the tour
- Train tickets in Chair car from Guwahati - Dimapur - Guwahati
- Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 8 on all days.
- Stay on Twin sharing basis at Guwahati and Kohima.
- Stay on multiple sharing basis at Dzukou valley in Log hut.
- All transfers in Nagaland by Tempo traveller/ Sumo.
- Trek to Dzukou valley.
- Luggage allowance upto 4Kg per person during the trek.
- Entry Fees as per the itinerary
- Backpacking/ Trek leader from Foliage Outdoors
- Inner Line Permit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the “Inclusion list”
- Travel arrangement up to and from Guwahati.
- Water bottles, Cold drinks, Tea/ coffee etc.
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Change , extension of stay due to any reason beyond the organisers capacity.
- Travel/ Medical insurance.
- Trek to Dzukou Valley.
- Wander inside “Naga Bazar” at Kohima.
- Visit one of the most significant war memorial of World War II.
- Amazing road trip through the Patkai hill ranges..
- Amazing photographic opportunities.
- Experience and celebrate the unique folk culture and cuisine.
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati | Overnight at Guwahati
Explore the Umananda river island in the evening. (Subject to your arrival time)
Day 2: Guwahati - Dimapur - Kohima | Overnight at Kohima
Travel time & Distance : By Train - 300 Kms (6 hrs)to Dimapur + By Car - 70 Kms (2 Hrs) to Kohima
Highlights of the day : Travel through the Patkai hill range by train and road
Day 3: Explore Kohima- Khonoma | Overnight at Kohima
Highlights of the day : War cemetery,Kohima Market, Naga Bazar, scope for street photography, Drive to Khonoma village (one of the largest villages in the area with variety of clans and their “morung”.
Day 4: Kohima - Viswama - Trek to Dzukou Valley | Overnight at Dzukou Valley
Travel time & Distance : by car 25 kms ( 1hr) + trek 14 kms (7 hrs)
Highlights of the day : Trek through lush rainforest & endless undulating terrain.Dzukou means “the cold place” due to its icy cold streams & breeze that flows through. This arduous trek through the bamboo thickets is an experience of a lifetime.
Difficulty level : Moderate
Day 5: Dzukou | Overnight at Dzukou Valley
Highlights of the day : Explore the unique landscape of Dzukou valley & the culture of the place.
Day 6: Dzukou - Viswama/ Jakhama - Kohima| Overnight at Kohima
Travel time & Distance : Trek 14 kms (7 hrs) or 7 kms (5 hrs) + by car 25 kms ( 1hr)
Highlights of the day : Trekking through rainforests back to Viswama/ Jakhama.
Note: The viswama route is long but gradual descent. Jakhama route is short but steep descent.
Day 7: Kohima - Dimapur- Guwahati | Overnight at Guwahati
Travel time & Distance : By Car - 70 Kms (2 Hrs) to Dimapur+By Train - 300 Kms (6 hrs) to Guwahati
Note : Dimapur has an airport, you can choose to flyout from Dimapur.
Day 8: Fly out from Guwahati
Time to pack your bags & say goodbye to your fellow travellers. Fly out from Guwahati with lifelong memories!