Away from the electricity and telephone networks, get reconnected to sights, sound, smell and taste of the western ghats. Well!! that's the theme of the tour. Stay at an exclusive homestay in the Western Ghats, on the border of Goa and Karnataka, and get a genuine break from a day-to-day life. Take a walk through the forest & relish the rich flora & fauna along with the streams flowing around. Get rare views of famous Dudhsagar falls from the top of the waterfall. Go for cycle rides and try your hands on pottery. Bond over a hot cup of coffee and eat locally grown vegetables and salads. Gorge on woodfired oven pizza and share experiences by a bonfire.
Note from the host :
'Off The Grid' is owned by Sylvia Kerkar and John Pollard, a wife and husband team. Along with a handful of staff, they run the property tending to a variety of tasks ranging from trekking, cooking, building, repairing, attending to the fields and other chores.
Sylvia Kerkar is from Bangalore and Goa. She is passionate about ceramics and runs her own pottery studio at Off The Grid and in Goa.
John Pollard is from England and is an adventure sports enthusiast. He pioneered white water rafting in South India in the year 1999 and started running the first rafting operations in Peninsular India.
'Off The Grid' is a very good example of a self-sufficient property which is completely independent in terms of energy & food. Solar energy is used for lighting, the waterfalls for plentiful year-round water supply & firewood from the forest for cooking with ovens, grills & stoves. This will give a unique experience of a simple lifestyle.
The Farming at Off the Grid today is the same as it has been on farms in these areas for hundreds of years- mainly rice-growing, fruit trees & vegetables.
From this beautiful homestay move on to Dandeli for some adventure! You guessed it right! Whitewater rafting on the Kali river.
What is included in the tour
- Stay on twin sharing basis as per the itinerary for 2 nights.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner starting with Breakfast on day 2 to lunch on day 4. Food will be veg.
- Train journey from Pune to Londa and from Castle Rock to back to Pune in 3 AC.
- Local Transport by non AC vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Walks and adventure activities as per itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything that is not mentioned in “Inclusions”.
- Stay in a beautiful homestay in the jungle away from signs of civilization.
- Walk and get connected to the sights and smells of a rich jungle of Western Ghats.
- Witness the beauty of Dudhsagar falls from a vantage point where you reach after a moderate hike.
- Stimulate your taste buds with locally grown salads, herbs and woodfired oven Pizza.
- Indulge in endless conversations over coffee and bonfire.
- Whitewater river rafting at Dandeli.
Day 1 : Overnight Train to Londa
Board overnight train to Londa.
Day 2 : Londa - Off the Grid | 1 hours drive / 35 km | Exploration around the property
Arrive at Londa and proceed to Off the Grid.
Settle in and Explore the stream around the property.
Early Lunch. Post-lunch, leave for a moderate trek (1.5 hrs walk). Finish with a swim in the waterfall!!!
Return to camp to relax. Campfire and dinner.
Overnight at Off the Grid.
Day 3 : Dudhsagar Trek
Post breakfast trek to Dudhsagar Falls (Moderate trek, 1 hour one way). Visit the falls, splash in the pools, have lunch and trek back. Post-lunch, free time/visit to a waterfall.
Overnight at Off the Grid.
Day 4 : Another walk / Chillout | Overnight Train Journey
Post early breakfast proceed to Dandeli.
Have a thrilling experience of white water rafting.
Day 5 : Overnight Train Journey
Arrive at Pune and its time to say goodbyes to your "fellow travelers-turned family" till you'll meet again to cherish a holiday full of adventure.