December 2019 is a month that Astro - geeks across India are already eagerly looking forward to! This Christmas turns a little more magical as we gladly announce our Annular Solar Eclipse Tour to Kasaragod, Kerala. This phenomenon was last clearly visible from India in 2009 and it won't be until 2031 that it makes its next appearance! So what are you waiting for? Book now for an exclusively planned trip, with Mr Bhushan Sathe at the helm of this tour. Secure your seat now, as we have limited bookings open.
- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at email@example.com if you'd like to make a booking.
- A chance to view the rare'Rings of Fire'!
- Valuable inputs from renowned experts.
- A limited number of seats to ensure a smooth viewing experience.
- The well-known Foliage Outdoors hospitality!
Day 1 - Pune - Mumbai - Mangalore
Assemble at Foliage Outdoors Kothrud office at 1330 hrs. Departure by private coach (Non AC) to Panvel at 1400 hrs. Arrival at Panvel at 1730 hrs. BoardLTT KCVL EXPRESS departing from Panvel at 1810 hrs for Kannur Junction. Overnight train journey. Meals included: None.
Day 2 - Stargazing Session at Kannur
Arrival at Kannur at 1220 hrs. Proceed to the resort. Lunch upon arrival. Post-lunch briefing sessions byMr Bhushan Sathe about the Annular Solar Eclipse. Evening stargazing session on the beach. Overnight at the resort. Meals included: Lunch and Dinner.
Day 3 - Annular Solar Eclipse.
Breakfast at 7 AM. Approx 15 mins walk to the designated site to observe the Annular Solar Eclipse at 0730 hrs. Return to the resort by 1000 hrs. Post lunch Transfer to the Kannur Railway Station to board the train departing for Panvel at 1635 hrs. Overnight train journey. Meals included: Breakfast and lunch.
Day 4 - Panvel - Pune
Arrival at Panvel at 1250 hrs. Proceed to Pune. End of services. Meals Included - Lunch.
What is included in the tour
- Pick up and drop by AC vehicles to Kannur airport.
- All meals as per itinerary.
- Stay in AC rooms on triple sharing basis.
- Group leader from team Foliage.
- Expert guidance from Mr. Bhushan Sathe.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any air/ rail fare to and from Kannur.
- Mineral water bottle / cold drinks during the journey or at the campsite.
- Personal expenditure of any kind. (Porterage, Telephone, Laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if any / if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”.