Serving as a getaway to the greater Himalayas, the Auli-Kuari Pass Trek is a very popular trek. Be an eye-witness to the king size views of the snow-clad Himalayas, that features spectacular tracks, this trek provides a unique opportunity to traveler to the inner Himalayan region in a very short duration. During this trek, one gets to walk amidst the lush green meadows with a mix of big and small mountains jutting out. This trail characterizes captivating forest sections and opens up to the awe-striking sunrise and sunset views that are worth dying (and living) for :)
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Delhi - Dehradun - Delhi by AC Vehicle
- Local Transport : Dehradun - Auli - Dehradun by chartered non AC vehicle
- Accommodation at Auli (in Hotel) and Camping (in Tents) during the trek on twin sharing.
- All meal charges - from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Trekking arrangements as per the itinerary.
- Porter/mule charges for carrying personal luggage of 10 kg maximum per bag per person camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”
- Majestic views of the tallest peak that is lies completely in India, Nanda Devi.
- Majestic views of more than 24 peaks including Kamet, Dronagiri and Hathi-Ghodi Parvat.
- Rare Himalayan Flora and Fauna.
- Beautiful campsites, picturesque trek-route, majestic views of mountains and leisurely walks is a perfect recipe for great Summer holiday.
- Enjoy the views of lush green landscapes, high altitude meadows and snow clad peaks.
Day 1 : Delhi - Dehradun
Reach Delhi. Travel overnight to Dehradun.
Day 2 : Dehradun - Auli
Reach Dehradun and proceed to Auli. Its a very scenic ride today wherein river Alaknanda will keep be your companion. You will pass through four (out of five) Prayags (confluence). We will take a photo break at Deoprayag.
Lunch enroute. Reach Auli by late afternoon.
Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Auli.
Day 3 : Auli - Gurson - Tali | 30 minutes drive | 20 minutes ropeway | 5 hours of trek
Post breakfast, proceed to Auli Top via the ropeway, which will give ample time and opportunity to enjoy the majestic views of the Himalayas. Further from Auli top, we hike through beautiful oak forests that open onto to the stunning open pasture lands (Bugyal) known as Gurson Bugyal.
An experience of trekking on beautiful and inviting carpeted meadows and having a balcony view of some of the biggest mountains in the world right in front of you. Highlight of today is a walk has to be the up close and very personal views of Nanda Devi and Doonagiri Peaks that one gets along the trail.
Overnight Camping at Tali in alpine tents.
Day 4 : Tali - Kuari Pass - Base Camp (Pangarchula) | 4-5 hours trek
Today we go through a series of ascents on meadows which keep on getting better as we move up. Walking on golden, green and other hues of grass is just bliss. The mountain air is crisp and the views brilliant!
Reach Kuari Pass or climb another vantage point with better views. After spending sometime at the vantage ridge / Kuari pass we will start walking towards our base camp for the climb to Pangarchulla peak. Today you will witness many big and renowned Himalayan peaks like Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Neelkanth, Haathi-Ghodi, Kamet, Mana, Dronagiri, etc.
Overnight in alpine tents.
Day 5 : Base Camp - Pangarchula Summit - Base Camp | 7 hours trek
We will wake up early, have a quick breakfast start climbing up the slopes of the mountain to reach a ridge which will lead us to the top. The climb is demanding but not technical in nature. You will in patches be walking on uneven terrain of boulders, scree and rocks. Views around dawn are most memorable. From the route leading to the summit and the top you get to see a set of big mountains which you otherwise don't get to see from Kuari pass region, mountains like Nanda Devi, Trishul, Changbhang and many more.
Back to base camp and celebrate the success of scaling the summit.
Overnight in alpine tents.
Day 6 : Base Camp to Khulara | 5-6 hours trek | 4 hours
We start our return journey and halt at Khulara. Another day well spent in the lap of towering mountains.
Day 7 : Khulara - Dhak - Auli
After a leisurely breakfast we start climbing down towards the road linking Joshimath to Niti-Malari valley. We will walk all the way down to Dhak a small market place on this road. Walk today is again a completely enjoyable experience with us walking through interesting forest sections and couple of scenic villages. We will make short stops at Tugasi & Karchi village and spend time interacting with people and getting to know more about their way of life.
From Dhak we will board the waiting vehicles and drive to Auli where a hot shower followed by a sumptuous meal awaits us.
Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 8 : Auli - Dehradun | 9 hours drive
Proceed to Dehradun. Travel overnight to New Delhi.
Day 9 : Delhi
Departure from Delhi
Tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Garhwal Himalayas.