- A holiday meant for young families
- Holidays spent together in Outdoors with families leave a lasting impression on young kids' impressionable minds
- These are not the holidays where the Dad is in the bar, Mom in the Spa and the child in the Kids' Area with nanny!
- Less road journeys to avoid motion sickness / travel fatigue
- Enjoyable activities which the families can do together
- Excellent stay, food and transport arrangements.
- The tour will also cover key site-seeing and will have time for shopping!
- See the best of Hoysala Architecture at Halebid (Halebeedu)
- Stay at a Colonial Bungalow within a Coffee Estate that dates back to 1853
- Amazing location, spacious rooms, a lawn to play in and mouth-watering Malanad Cuisine
- Walk with your child into the Tea Estates (and visit a Tea factory)
- Walk in the Coffee Estates and show him/her how and where the spices grow
- Visit to a Tibetan Monastery at Madikeri
- Visit to the origin of River Cauvery at Madikeri
- See Elephants from a close distance. Touch them, feed them! Children love it!
- Visit Mysore Palace. Shopping at Mysore.
- Boating and birding at Ranganathittu Bird sanctuary
Day 1 : Arrival at Bengaluru| Bengaluru to Chikmagalur|Overnight at Chikmagalur
Travel Distance/Time: 265 Kms/ 5-6 Hrs
Take an early flight to Bengaluru (the flight should reach Bengaluru before 1000 hrs).
Enroute we visit beautiful Hoysaleswara Temple at Halebid which is constructed in 12th century and known for it’s amazing architecture and mythological sculptures carved out of stone.
Reach Balur Estate by evening.
Check into spacious rooms at the beautiful Colonial Bungalow in the middle of Coffee Estates that has stood testimony of time since 1853.
Overnight at Chikmagalur.
Day 2 : Tea Estate & Tea Factory Visit | Overnight at Chikmagalur
Travel Distance/Time: 20 Kms/ 1 Hr
Tea estate walk : 1 Hr
Post breakfast, visit a Tea Factory and then go for a long walk through the Tea Estates. It’s a nice, long and refreshing walk. We end at the top of the Hill from where we can see beautiful vantage views of the surroundings.
Return to Balur Estate for lunch.
Afternoon time is free to relax or play with children.
In the evening, we go for a Sunset Walk (1.5 hours round trip) to the origin of River Hemavathi that originates a couple of kilometres from the bungalow, just above the estate. The vantage and sunset views from here are awesome. There’s a quiet temple you can spend some time at.
Overnight at Chikmagalur.
Day 3 : Chikmagalur-Madikeri | Overnight at Madikeri
Have a guided walk in the coffee estate. Know about the Estate, Coffee and Spices that are so much part of our daily lives.
Post lunch, proceed to Madikeri.
Overnight at Madikeri.
Day 4 : Tala-Cauvery Visit |Overnight at Madikeri
Visit to Tala-Cauvery, the origin of river Cauvery (Kaveri).
Afternoon and evening at leisure.
Day 5 : Madikeri to Mysore | Overnight at Mysore
Proceed to Mysore via Dubare Elephant Camp. Children love Dubare!
Dubare has 150 elephants and the naturalist explains the various aspects of Elephant history, ecology and biology.
The visitor can not only observe and learn but also participate in various activities involving Elephants.
One can see Elephants bathing, throwing water, walking back to their enclosures, get to touch elephants and their trunks, feed a baby elephant and get pictures with them.
This is an ultimate "intimate experience with Elephants for a child". We hope a child comes back from Dubare and his / her love for Elephant given them a feeling that such majestic creatures should never be in captivity.
Post-lunch, see Tibetan Monastery at Kushalnagar which is not far from Dubare.
Its time to see Mysore Palace and spend some time at shopping.
Overnight at Mysore.
Day 6 : Mysore to Bengaluru | Fly out from Bengaluru
Post breakfast, leave for Bengaluru via Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
The boat ride in the sanctuary offers you not just with a breath-taking scenic beauty but also with glimpses of a wide variety of beautiful birds as well.
A child will see "big" birds here like Painted Storks and Asian Open-bill Stork and should get inspired to observe birds and make birding at their hobby.
Proceed to Bengaluru for flight.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Bengaluru to Bengaluru in AC Coach
- Accommodation at Chikmagalur in Non-AC Rooms on Twin sharing basis for 2 nights.
- Accommodation at Madikeri in Non-AC Rooms on Twin sharing basis for 2 nights.
- Accommodation at Mysore in AC Rooms on Twin sharing basis for 1 night.
- Food charges from Lunch on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 6.
- All walks / treks / activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto Bengaluru
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses, Travel Insurance.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”