Head to Garhwal Himalayas to experience Himalayas up, close and personal. One of the most scenic, appealing and high altitude alpine meadows in Uttarakhand, Dayara Bugyal is truly a paradise for the trekkers.
Trek to Dayara Bugyal will give us the amazing panoramic views of the greater Himalayan range. The path leads through endless lush green meadows, which run parallel to the gigantic peaks of Garhwal Himalayas. We would hike to an alpine lake near Barnala Bugyal. The hike to a vantage point called Surya Top will present us with the view of famous peaks of Kalanag or Black Peak, Bandarpunch, Jaonli, Draupadi ka danda as well as many other unclimbed peaks.
This trek is through various shades of oaks and rhododendrons that end in the stunning open pasture lands of Dayara Bugyal. Lots of amazing views and lots of pleasant time will surely make this trip a memorable one. Return back refreshed and feeling rejuvenated.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Delhi - Dehradun - Delhi by AC Vehicle
- Local Transport : Dehradun - Barsu - Dehradun by Non AC vehicle
- Accommodation at Barsu (In Hotel) and Camping (In Tents) during the trek on twin sharing.
- All meal charges from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Trekking arrangements as per the itinerary.
- Porter/mule charges for carrying personal luggage of 10 kg maximum per bag per person, camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (Porterage, Telephone, Laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”.
- Panoramic views of the greater Himalayan peaks.
- Prominent peaks such as Bandarpoonch (20950 ft), Draupadi ka Danda (21186 ft), Jaonli (21780 ft), Srikanth, Gangotri I,II,III etc.
- Recommended for enthusiast even with basic level of trekking experience.
- Trek through Oak and Rhododendron Forests.
- Scale beyond 12000 feet at Surya Top.
- Comfortable tented stay in the nature's lap surrounded by scenic meadows.
- Moderate level trek with a comfortable pace.
Day 1 : Delhi - Dehradun
Reach Delhi. Travel overnight to Dehradun.
Day 2 : Dehradun - Barsu | 190 Kms, 6 - 7 hours drive
Reach Dehradun in the morning.
We will board a vehicle and be driven up to Barsu. Your journey for the most part will be along the Yamuna river through beautiful Pine forests. Lunch enroute.
Reach Barsu and check in into the hotel. A briefing of the trek will be followed by an evening at leisure.
Overnight at Barsu (In hotel).
Day 3 : Barsu - Barnala Tal (8,500 ft.) | 2-3 hours trek
After a sumptuous breakfast start climbing above the village of Barsu towards Dayara bugyal. The trek passes through beautiful forests of Oak and Rhododendron to reach the meadows at Barnala Tal.
Overnight camping at Barnala Tal (In tents).
Day 4 : Barnala Taal - Dayara Bugyal (10,890 ft.) | 5-6 hours trek
Its a moderate climb from Barnala meadows to reach Dayara. The panoramic view of the Himalayas from here is breathtaking to say the least. Situated at an elevation of about 10000 feet above sea-level.
Overnight camping at Dayara Bugyal (In tents).
Day 5 : Dayara Bugyal - Bakriya Top - Syari Bugyal (10,560 ft.) | 5-6 hours trek
From the camp at Dayara Bugyal we continue to ascend on the carpeted meadows to reach Bakriya top. This is the highest point of this beautiful meadow and lies at the edge of the meadow. We spend some time here and later commence another interesting stretch of trekking and surely one will not forget for a very long time. You walk is on absolutely green carpeted meadows towards Syari Bugyal with big mountains seemingly at touching distance.
Enjoy the beautiful campsite and relax for the evening.
Overnight camping at Syari Bugyal (In tents).
Day 6 : Syari Bugyal - Surya Top (12,210 ft.) - Syari Bugyal | 5-6 hours trek
Wake up to the chirping of the birds and mountains calling at you. Post breakfast we start our summit trek to Surya top. This vantage point gives us an almost 360 degree view of the Himalayas with prominent peaks such as Bandarpoonch (20950 ft), Draupadi ka Danda (21186 ft), Jaonli (21780 ft), Srikanth, Gangotri I,II,III etc. Descend back to Syari Bugyal for lunch.
Overnight at Syari Bugyal (In tent).
Day 7 : Syari Bugyal - Barsu | 6 - 7 hours trek
Post breakfast start descend towards Barsu. Reach by late afternoon. Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Barsu (In hotel).
Day 8 : Barsu - Dehradun | 190 kms, 6 - 7 hours drive
Post breakfast drive to Dehradun. Lunch enroute. Reach Dehradun by evening.
Tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Himalayas.
Overnight travel to New Delhi
Day 9 : Delhi
Reach Delhi in the morning.
Tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Garhwal Himalayas.