This Summer beat the heat in the Mighty Himalayas with Foliage Outdoors. This is a trek designed for beginners and travelers who have no prior experience of trekking. Even children, as less as of 9 years, could be a party to this wonderful holiday. It is a trek that offers you some great views of the Himalayan ranges, comfortable stay at some of the most picturesque locations, delicious food and never ending dose of fun, laughter and conversations. Do note that we stay for 3 nights in the comforts of a Room in a Resort, 2 nights would be of Deluxe Camping and 1 night for Alpine Camping (stay in tents) in the most scenic locations in Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Delhi - Dehradun - Delhi by AC Vehicle and Dehradun to Dehradun by chartered non-AC vehicle
- Accommodation at Kund in resort on twin sharing basis for 1 night.
- Accommodation at Chopta in Campsite on twin sharing basis for 2 night.
- Alpine camping at Gurson Bugyal for 1 night.
- Accommodation at Auli in resort on twin sharing basis for 2 nights.
- All meal charges - from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Ropeway to Auli.
- Luggage transfers (upto 8 kg per person ) during Gurson camping.
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors.
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”
- Recommended for all ages (minimum age 9 years) and for families looking to spend some great time together indulging in treks and soft adventure activities.
- Enjoy comfortable stays in the rooms of the Resorts at some picturesque locations for 3 nights.
- Enjoy stay in Swiss-Cottage Tents for 2 nights (washrooms not attached to the tents)
- Get introduced to Camping (staying in trekking alpine tents) at Gurson.
- Panoramic views of the mighty Garhwal Himalayan ranges.
- Trek to Chandrashila Peak for 360 degrees view of Himalayan Ranges.
- Get to see four of the magnificent confluences of River Alaknanda.
- Experience the breathtaking views from Rope way at Auli.
Day 1 : Delhi - Dehradun
Reach Delhi. Travel overnight to Dehradun.
Day 2 : Dehradun - Kund | drive of 6 hours / 214 kms
Reach Dehradun early in the morning. Proceed to Kund.
We will board a vehicle and be driven up to Kund. Your journey for the most of the part will be along the Ganga and Alaknanda river. Photo stops at Devprayag.
In the evening, water and group based activities.
Overnight at the Resort in Kund.
Day 3 : Kund - Deoriatal - Chopta (Chalkot) | 1 hour drive | 2 hours of trek | 2.5 hours drive
Post breakfast, drive up to Sari village, which is the start point of the trek. From Sari we will hike up to the lake through a beautiful mixed forest trail. This is a short 2.5 kms trek one way and will take around couple of hours. This lake is surrounded by thick forest and you get a panoramic view of the Himalayan Peaks. The reflection of the Chaukhamba Peak in the crystal clear waters of the lake is well worth traveling any distance to see!! Packed lunch.
Return trek and drive to Chopta (Chalkot).
Overnight at Swiss-Cottage Tents at Chopta (Chalkot)
Day 4 : Chopta - Tungnath - Chandrashila Peak - Chopta | Trek 6 Hours | Overnight at Chopta (Chalkot).
Post an early breakfast, drive to the start point of the trek. This place is surrounded by undulating meadows and has a panoramic view of the big peaks of the Himalayas.
From Chopta we will trek to Tungnath temple (12100 ft.), the highest Shiva shrine in the world and probably one of the most spectacularly located temple. It will take about a couple of hours (3 kms one way) to reach Tungnath temple.
After a brief stop for refreshments and rest, carry on with your climb to reach the summit of Chandrashila Peak at about 13000 feet. It takes an hour from Tungnath to Chandrashila. The effort is going to be awarded multiple times with 360 degrees of Himalayan Ranges.
Return trek and drive to Chopta.
Overnight at Swiss-Cottage Tents at Chopta (Chalkot)
Day 5 : Chopta - Auli (166 kms | 6-7 hours drive)
Post breakfast, proceed to Auli. Evening at leisure.
Overnight at Auli Resort.
Day 6 : Auli - Joshimath - Auli Top - Gurson Bugyal | 30 minutes drive | 20 minutes ropeway | 3 hours of trek
Post breakfast, proceed to Auli Top via the ropeway, which will give ample time and opportunity to enjoy the majestic views of the Himalayas. Further from Auli top, we hike through beautiful oak forests that open onto to the stunning open pasture lands (Bugyal) known as Gurson Bugyal.
An experience of trekking on beautiful and inviting carpeted meadows and having a balcony view of some of the biggest mountains in the world right in front of you. Highlight of today is a walk has to be the up close and very personal views of Nanda Devi and Doonagiri Peaks that one gets along the trail.
Evening will be spent enjoying the magnificent views of the Garhwal Himalayas.
Overnight Camping at Gurson Bugyal in alpine tents.
Day 7 : Gurson Bugyal - Auli | 2 hours trek | drive of 30 minutes
Post breakfast, we retrace our steps to Auli top. Drive to resort at Auli.
Overnight at the Resort in Auli.
Day 8 : Auli - Dehradun | 9 hours drive
Proceed to Dehradun. Travel overnight to New Delhi.
Day 9 : Delhi
Tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Garhwal Himalayas.