“Ghar aaja pardesi tera des bulaye re”. Sarson de khet, Makke ki Roti, Lassi da glass and world-famed Punjabi Hospitality is calling you to visit “Sadda Punjab”. Experience the glimpses of rural Punjab without giving up on comforts. A stay in traditional Punjabi "Kothi", mouthwatering authentic Punjabi Cuisines, walks in the blooms of Sarson farms, dip into the tube well, Trying your dancing skills on Bhangra-Giddha would be the highlights of the Tour.
Being in Punjab, how can we miss the Golden temple, Jallianwala bagh and Indo-Pak border at Wagah?
Explore the Tibetan culture at McLeodganj. “Toot pado” over the hot momos and thukpa. Cherish the walks in Tea Gardens at Palampur. Explore the mystery and the history of places like Kangra Fort.
We, at Foliage Outdoors, have chosen just the right month for you for this Tour. The yellow flowers of “Sarson” are in full bloom in the month of February and the weather just "holiday perfect" at Palampur.
Join us as we promise to give you your own “DDLJ” moments on this Tour :-D
- Stay in a traditionally built Kothi at Punjab
- Walks in the yellow blooms of Sarson farms
- Shake a leg over the folk music to Bhangra-Giddha
- A tube well dip and a tractor ride through rich farmlands of Punjab
- Glimpses of rural Punjab and experience the hospitality at its best
- Visit the Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh and Wagah border
- Stimulate your taste buds with traditional Punjabi and Tibetan cuisines (at Palampur)
- Visit Tea Gardens at Palampur
- A unique stay at Palampur - A home made of eco-friendly material
- Visit Kangra Fort
Day 1 : Fly to Delhi | Overnight Train to Amb
Reach New Delhi. Take an overnight train to Amb.
Day 2 : Amb - Kangra Fort - Palampur | Drive of 3 hours / 110 km
Post breakfast proceed to explore Kangra Fort.
Arrival at Palampur. Post Lunch and some rest take a leisure walk around the property.
Evening Bonfire with snacks
Day 3 : Hike to Hydro Power project Village Supairu - Andretta Art Village - Baijnath Temple
Today we will explore sightseeing places around Palampur which includes Tashi Jong Monastery, Baijnath Temple, Andretta Pottery and Sardar sobha singh art gallery
Overnight stay at Palampur.
Day 4 : Palampur - McLeodganj - Gurdaspur | Drive of 5 hours / 180 km
Post early morning tea we will proceed to McLeodganj. Have breakfast in a Tibetan restaurant. Spend some time exploring Monasteries and local market. Proceed to Gurdaspur.
In the evening take a walk in the Sarson farms and enjoy the Sunset.
Overnight stay at Gurdaspur.
Day 5 : Gurdaspur
In the morning explore the rural yet rich Punjab. Enjoy a bunch of activities like Tube well dip, Tractor Ride, Gurudwara visit.Enjoy the Bhangra Giddha at night over barbeque.
Overnight stay at Gurdaspur.
Day 6 : Gurdaspur- Wagah Retreat (Gurdaspur - Amritsar | Drive of 1.5 hours / 80 km)
Post lunch, proceed to Wagah Border to see the Retreat Ceremony.
Overnight stay at Amritsar.
Day 7 : Golden Temple- Jallianwala Bagh- Fly out from Amritsar
In the morning visit to the holy Golden Temple and pay tribute to the martyrs of Jallianwala Bagh. Time permitting, shopping at Amritsar. Post lunch, proceed to the airport & fly out from Amritsar
What is included in the tour
- Stay on twin sharing basis as per the itinerary
- All meals starting from breakfast on day 2 till breakfast on day 7
- Train Journey from Delhi to Amb Andaura
- Transport by a chartered vehicle as per the itinerary
- Activities and Sightseeing as per the itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfares up to Delhi and from Amritsar
- Anything that is not mentioned in “Inclusions”