Rehekuri Sanctuary, located in Karjat Taluka of Ahmednagar District, is a wildlife spot famous for the” blackbuck”, one of the Antelope Species seen in India. With its distinct spiral horns and striking contrasting black-white coat, the male blackbuck is instantly recognizable in the dry landscape of the sanctuary. The sanctuary is a dry scrubland that also is a home for other interesting mammals like the Indian Wolf, Indian Fox, Indian Jackal, and Chinkara. The sanctuary also hosts a wide variety of open country birds like Indian Roller, Chestnut-bellied Sandgrouse, and Desert Wheatear. In winter, visitors can enjoy the sights of migratory birds like Red-breasted Flycatcher and Taiga Flycatcher.
- A visit to a sanctuary famous for ‘Blackbucks’
- A nature outing in a typical grassland habitat
- A chance to observe the variety of bird species in the Grassland Habitat
0630 hrs: Reporting at Foliage Outdoors Office, Kothrud.
0645 hrs: Depart for Rehekuri Wildlife Sanctuary with breakfast en route.
1100 hrs: Reach Rehekuri and Explore the Sanctuary. Observe the wildlife and interconnections of various natural elements of this grassland habitat famous for the Blackbucks.
1300 hrs: Lunch.
1330 hrs - 1430 hrs: Interaction with locals and Forest department officials. Engage in various learning exercises to learn more about the habitat.
1500 hrs: Depart for Pune.
1630 hrs: Break for hi-tea and washrooms.
1830 hrs: Return to Foliage Outdoors Office, Kothrud
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune Transport (Non AC)
- Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Evening tea with snacks
- Forest Entry Fees
- Services of Outdoor Experts from Foliage Outdoors well equipped with First Aid
- Assistance in First Aid if needed
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera Fees.
- Mineral Water / Cold Drinks / Personal expenses of any kind.
- Medical expenses – if incurred during the excursion.
- Any other charges not mentioned in the “Charges Include” list.
- GST As Applicable