Kaas Plateau is located about 25 kms from Satara. The plateau is laden with wildflowers during the months of September and October. The whole plateau looks stunningly beautiful like a colourful carpet. The plateau is home to more than 150 flowering species, some rare and endangered. It has been declared as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site by The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2012. It's a must-visit destination for researchers, nature lovers and photographers. Eminent botanist Prof P.K Ghanekar will lead this excursion.
- One of the most scenic spots in Sahyadris
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Biodiversity Hotspot
- Group led by eminent botanist Prof. P.K Ghanekar (Retd).
- 0600 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
- 0615 hrs: Departure
- 0815 - 0900 hrs: Breakfast En-route
- 0900 - 1030 hrs: Reach Kaas Pathar
- 1030 - 1300 hrs: Explore Kaas Pathar
- 1300 - 1500 hrs: Proceed for Lunch - Lunch
- 1500 - 1800 hrs: Travel back - Reach Pune - End of Services
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
✦Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
Things to Carry : (of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
- Minimum 1.5 ltr water bottle(s) (to keep yourself hydrated)(Compulsory)
- Small Sack / Backpack with rain cover.
- Wear Sports shoes (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (useful while return bus journey)
- Comfortable Quick-dry clothing recommended (full sleeves)
- Rain wear (jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater
- Extra set of Clothes (for changing purpose as per personal requirement)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (as per personal requirement)
- Light Snacks helpful during the trek (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc)
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (camera, mobiles etc.)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Camera Charges if any to be paid by the participant directly at the venue.
- Please carry your age proof ID. (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving Licence)
Things NOT to be brought :
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants are suggested as it avoids injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Transport: Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
After Registration *Temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
In case of any emergency please contact the numbers given below:
Trek Leader: 9850555438 Mr. Rahul Rao
Back-up contact: 9822849989 (Mayuresh Borse)
What is included in the tour
- Food charges (Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea)
- Transport by Non AC Bus
- All Entry Fees & Tickets
- Services of a tour leader from Foliage Outdoors.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks purchased during the journey or at the campsite.
- Any medical expenses, if incurred.
- Expenses incurred due to delay in the schedule for reasons beyond the control of organizers.
- Any other personal expenses.
- Any charges not mentioned in "Charges Include".