Kaas plateau is located near Satara.
It is a hill plateau where grasslands turns into a wide spread flower bed during monsoon season, particularly from August to early October.
The plateau undergoes a natural cycle of extreme conditions, with wet water-logged cool monsoons, very dry hot summer (45 °C) and dry winter (5 °C)
The flora of Kaas are around the locality of that area. The basalt of the plateau which is directly exposed to the atmosphere is covered by a thin layer of soil formed due to erosion of not more than an inch or so. This soil is neither black nor lateritic.
One of the most scenic spots in Sahyadris
UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 0600 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
- 0615 hrs: Departure
- 0815 - 0900 hrs: Breakfast En-route
- 0900 - 1030 hrs: Reach Kaas Pathar
- 1030 - 1300 hrs: Explore Kaas Pathar
- 1300 - 1500 hrs: Proceed for Lunch - Lunch
- 1500 - 1800 hrs: Travel back - Reach Pune - End of Services
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
✦Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
Things to Carry : (of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
- Minimum 1.5 ltr water bottle(s) (to keep yourself hydrated)(Compulsory)
- Small Sack / Backpack with rain cover.
- Wear Sports shoes (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (useful while return bus journey)
- Comfortable Quick-dry clothing recommended (full sleeves)
- Rain wear (jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater
- Extra set of Clothes (for changing purpose as per personal requirement)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (as per personal requirement)
- Light Snacks helpful during the trek (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc)
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (camera, mobiles etc.)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Camera Charges if any to be paid by the participant directly at the venue.
- Please carry your age proof ID. (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving Licence)
Things NOT to be brought :
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear . (Full track pants are suggested as it avoids injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Transport: Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
After Registration *Temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
In case of any emergency please contact numbers given below:
Trek Leader : 9822763638 / 7720090718 (Aditya Joshi)
Back-up contact: 7720012720 (Anupam Tamboli)
What is included in the tour
- Food charges (Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea)
- Transport by Non AC Bus
- All Entry Fees & Tickets
- Services of a tour leader from Foliage Outdoors.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks purchased during journey or at the campsite.
- Any medical expenses, if incurred.
- Expenses incurred due to delay in the schedule for reasons beyond the control of organizers.
- Any other personal expenses.
- Any charges not mentioned in "Charges Include".