The Himalayan paradise of Kumaon contains some of the most stunning mountain scenery that we know of anywhere, from the perennially snow capped peaks of the Great Himalaya range. This ecotour offers the opportunity to enjoy both this facets, the walks in the lap of Himalayas with the stunning backdrop of Himalayan views. This is a trek designed for beginners and travelers who have no prior experience of trekking. Even children, as less as of 8 years, could be a party to this wonderful holiday.
An action-packed yet relaxed holiday option beckons. Are you game?
- Recommended for all ages (minimum age 8 years) and for families looking to spend some great time together indulging in treks and soft adventure activities.
- Enjoy the 300 kms of uninterrupted Himalayan views from Chaukori (Jhaltola)
- Picturesque resort location. 1000 acre estate surrounded by 800 acres of untouched forests.
- See limestone caves at Patal Bhuvaneshwar and hear the mythological stories from the guide.
Day 1 : Arrival at Delhi- Bhimtal | Overnight at Bhimtal
Travel Distance/ Time: 320 Kms/ 7-8 Hrs
Reach Delhi before 10 AM. We board the chartered vehicle and depart towards Bhimtal.
Check in to Bhimtal by late evening.
Day 2 : Bhimtal- Chaukori| Overnight at Chaukori
Travel Distance/ Time: 180 Kms/ 6-7 Hrs
Post breakfast check out and drive towards Jhaltola (Chaukori). Today you will cross the wave-like Middle Himalayan ranges also witness some spectacular snowclad peak ranges.
Check in to Chaukori by late evening.
Day 3 : Lamkeshwar Temple Walk | Overnight at Chaukori
Morning trek to Lamkeshwar with a very moderate climb which can safely categorized as easy trek / walk. An old temple dedicated to Lord Shiva sits atop a mountain which is a 2 km uphill climb from the retreat. It also offers fabulous 360 degree views from the Vantage Point. Spend as much time as we want at the most incredible location. Return for lunch.
A one hour trek to the Sunset Point.
Day 4 : Patal Bhuvaneshwar Walk | Overnight at Chaukori
Patal Bhuvaneshwar is one of most important shrines of Lord Shiva, in the region. These are underground limestone caves and revered as temple.
Limestone rock formations have created various spectacular stalactite and stalagmite figures of various hues and forms. The commentary by the guide is very interesting as the forms are interpreted with mythology in the narration.
Day 5 : Chaukori-Bhimtal | Overnight at Bhimtal
Travel Distance/ Time: 180 Kms/6-7 Hrs
Post breakfast, leave for Bhimtal. Rest of the day at leisure.
Enjoy few good viewpoint breaks enroute to Bhimtal.
Day 6 : Bhimtal- Delhi | Departure from Delhi
Travel Distance/ Time: 320 Kms / 7-8 Hrs
Post breakfast we headed back to Delhi. Upon arrival at Delhi tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Kumaon Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Delhi to Delhi by chartered non-AC vehicle
- Accommodation at Bhimtal in a resort on twin sharing basis for 2 nights.
- Accommodation at Chaukori (Jhaltola) in resort on twin sharing basis for 3 nights.
- All meal charges - from Delhi to Delhi.
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors.
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination.
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses, Travel Insurance.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”