Sandakphu is one of the few Himalayan treks from where one can get views of the "World's Tallest Peaks" like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Khangchendzonga and so on. The famous “Sleeping Buddha” formation of peaks (Kanchenjunga Family) is an ultimate treat to watch on this particular trek route.
Sandakphu is the highest point in the Darjeeling district of West Bengal and the trek route keeps on switching between India and Nepal all the way to Sandakphu. This continuous switching between Indo- Nepal border also makes this trek a unique cultural experience.
The trail is inside Singalila National Park, home to numerous species of birds and wildflowers. Nonetheless, this Eastern Himalayan Diversity Hot Spot is home to the endangered Red Panda. It is rare but not impossible to get a chance to see this cutest shy animal.
Along with experienced trekkers, this is indeed a great trek for beginners.
- The famous “Sleeping Buddha” formation of peaks formed by four Tallest Mountains In The World!
- Seeing Mt. Everest at the horizon- you will love every bit of Sandakphu trekking!
- Albeit it’s offbeat essence, the Lake stands as a major attraction en route to Sandakphu.
- Kalapokhri Lake– the Mystery of The Sacred Black Waters.
- Rich Flora and Fauna.
- Home to a lot of endangered wildlife including the Red Panda!
Day 1: Arrival in Bagdogra (IXB) - Drive to Manebhanjang
Arrive at Bagdogra Airport by 12 noon. Drive to Manebhanjang, approximately 4 hours. Check-in at a basic hotel in Manebhanjang. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Manebhanjang to Tumling - 13 Km Trek
Embark on a 5 to 6-hour trek from Manebhanjang to Tumling. Overnight stay at Homestays or Tea houses.
Day 3: Tumling to Kalipokhri - 12 Km Trek
Set out on a 6 to 7-hour trek from Tumling to Kalipokhri. Rest and stay overnight at Homestays or Tea houses with western toilets.
Day 4: Kalipokhri to Sandakphu - 7 Km Trek
Trek approximately 3 to 4 hours from Kalipokhri to reach Sandakphu. Experience the breathtaking views. Overnight stay at Homestays or Tea houses with western toilets.
Day 5: Sandakphu to Srikhola - 16 Km Trek
Embark on a 5 to 6-hour trek from Sandakphu to Srikhola. Witness diverse landscapes and enjoy the trekking experience. Overnight stay at Homestays or Tea houses with western toilets.
Day 6: Srikhola to Siliguri - Return Journey
Drive back to Siliguri, approximately 7 to 8 hours. Check-in at a hotel in Siliguri. Enjoy dinner and stay overnight.
Day 7: Siliguri to Bagdogra Airport (IXB)
After breakfast, drive to Bagdogra Airport (IXB) which takes about 1 to 1.5 hours. This marks the end of our services.
What is included in the tour
- Stay in Hotel/Homestay with western toilets during the trek and in a
- three-star hotel at Siliguri on a twin-sharing basis.
- Vehicle Transfer & Sightseeing by Innova/Xylo (4 in one vehicle).
- A backup vehicle for offloading baggage and in case of emergency.
- All meals Ex-Bagdogra i.e. Lunch on the day of arrival to breakfast on the day
- of departure.
- Services of an experienced local guide.
- Services of an Experienced Group Leader from Team Foliage.
- National Park Entry Fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
● Any Airfare
● Insurance of any kind.
● Camera Fees
● Personal Porter
● Medical & evacuation (if any)
● Packaged drinking water
● Tips/gratuities and any additional expenses incurred due to natural disasters or factors beyond our control.
● Goods & Services Tax
● Anything not specifically mentioned under ‘INCLUSIONS’.