Usually while going for any Himalayan Treks, traveling through the ghat sections is the most tiring part. Unlike in other treks, this trek, in particular, has the minimal travel distance from nearest major city hub. Nag Tibba peak is located in the Nag Tibba range of the Himalayas which is located at just 90 km from Dehradun.
The main attraction of this trek is camping experience on the beautiful snow covered meadows and summiting the top walking over the thick snow carpet.
Another plus point of this trek is moderate gradient with few steep sections what makes it a perfect choice for an enthusiastic and reasonably adventurous group of friends or even families. The top of Nag Tibba offers panoramic views of Himalayan range and one can spot few of the peaks like Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Srikanth and Black peak.
Along with the two campings in the snow under the starry sky, cherish the comfortable stay at Viraatkhai, a lodge constructed at a very scenic location.
- One of the easiest snow treks for fit beginners.
- Scenic trail passing through beautiful jungle of Oaks and eye-pleasing Rhododendrons.
- Enjoy camping on the thick snow-covered meadow and snow traded trail towards the summit.
- Nag Tibba Peak summit offering panoramic views of Himalayan Peaks.
- Cherish comfortable stay at a resort in a scenic location for one night.
- Adventure activities in the Yamuna River.
Day 1 : Overnight to Dehradun
Arrive at Delhi and head overnight to Dehradun.
Day 2 : Dehradun - Viraatkhai (1850m) | 90 km | 3-4 hours drive | Overnight at Viraatkhai
From Dehradun, we start for Viraatkhai by a private vehicle. Overall, it will be an acclimatization day with few short walks around to stretch and warm up our leg muscles.
Overnight stay at Viraatkhai.
Day 3 : Viraatkhai - Pantwari (1100m) - Thath (Approx 2600m) | 2 hours drive / 60 km | 3-4 hrs trek | Overnight at Thath
Today post early breakfast, we will board the vehicle and drive up to Pantwari village, starting point of the trek. From Pantwari we will start our trek for Thath. The trail today is reasonably steep and will take us about 3 - 4 hrs to cover it, moving at a leisurely pace. The trail will pass through villages to reach Thath.
Overnight stay at Thath.
Day 4 : Thath - Nag Tibba Top (3050m) - Thath | 4-5 hrs trek | Overnight at Thath
Post early breakfast today we will summit Nag Tibba to cherish the magnificent Himalayan Views and play in a thick carpet of snow. After spending enough of time we will retrace our steps back to the campsite at Thath.
Overnight stay at Thath.
Day 5 : Thath - Pantwari - Adventure - Dehradun | 3-4 hours trek | 3-4 Hours Drive | Overnight to Delhi
Today we will descend down to Pantwari and start our drive to Dehradun. Enroute we will indulge in some adventure at Yamuna River and reach Dehradun by evening.
Overnight journey to Delhi.
Day 6 : Arrive at Delhi
Arrive at Delhi and its time to say goodbye to your fellow travelers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in the Garhwal Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- Transport: Delhi - Dehradun - Delhi by AC Vehicle.
- Local Transport: Dehradun - Viratkhai - Pantwari - Dehradun by chartered non AC vehicle.
- Accommodation at Viratkhai (Hotel) and tents during the trek on twin sharing.
- All meal charges - from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Trekking arrangements as per the itinerary.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any).
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors.
- Porter/mule charges for carrying the luggage of 10 Kgs per person during the trek.
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement up to New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during the journey or at the Destination.
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”.