Recommended for All Ages
Thimphu: Bhutan’s capital city is the country’s commercial and religious hub and the official seat of government. Located at an altitude of 2400 meters, it is an interesting fusion of ancient and modern, with historical architecture and ancient traditional elements juxtaposed with contemporary buildings and sensibilities. Attractions here include the Memorial Chorten, the Folk Heritage Museum, the National Library, the Textile Museum, and numerous handicraft shops, among others.
Punakha: Home to the ancient Bhutanese capital of Punakha, the Punakha valley is a fertile region blessed with rich harvests of fruit and rice and a climate that is almost tropical in the summer months.
Paro: Sitting pretty at an altitude of 2200m/7218ft, Paro is the gateway to beautiful Bhutan. Planes make an incongruous sight, flying low as they prepare for landing in this Himalayan oasis, home to many of Bhutan's oldest temples and monasteries. There’s plenty to observe in this traditional town on the banks of Pa Chhu (Paro River). A great day excursion is to trek to the famous Taktshang (Tiger’s Nest) Hermitage on the face of a sheer 1000-meter-high cliff. It’s advised to do this at the end of your trip, once you’ve acclimatized to your surroundings.
- Experience the unique culture of Bhutan.
- Trek up to Tiger's Nest Monastery in Paro.
- Admire stunning vistas from mountain passes.
- Visit the magnificent Punakha Dzong.
- Go walking in pristine valleys.
- Home to rare Flora and Fauna.
- Fantastic opportunities for photography and birding.
- Opportunity to see the endangered Black-necked Crane
Day 1: Thimphu
Thimphu (2320 Mts / 7656 Fts, 65 Kms / 01½ to 02 Hrs drive approx)
On arrival at Paro Airport and after completing your Visa / Permit formalities you will be transferred from Paro Airport to Thimphu, the capital town of Bhutan. En route stop at Tamchog Lhakhang (Iron Bridge) & at Chuzom (Confluence) Meeting point of Thimphu River (Wong Chu) & Paro River (Pa Chu). A leisurely walk in the Thimphu Market. On arrival at Thimphu, check in to the Hotel. Overnight at the Hotel.
(Meals included: Dinner)
Day 2: Punakha - Wangdue
Punakha / Wangdi (1273 Mts / 4177 Fts, 70 Kms / 03 to 3½ Hrs one-way drive approx)
After breakfast, visit Buddha Point to get a spectacular view of Thimphu Town. Thereafter, drive to Punakha/Wangdue. The drive is over Dochu La pass (3080Mts / 10102Fts) which is very scenic with a fascinating view of the mountains of Bhutan. Visit Punakha Dzong and Suspension Bridge. Overnight at the Hotel. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner).
Day 03 Punakha / Wangdi - Excursion To Gangtey / Phobjikha Valley - Punakha / Wangdi
Gangtey / Phobjikha Valley (3000 Mts / 9845 Fts, 85 Kms / 03 to 3½ Hrs one way approx)
Today the day starts early for a full-day excursion to Gangtey & Phobjikha Valley. The valley of Gangtey is one of the most scenic areas in Bhutan. At Gangtey's visit, the Black Necked Crane Information Centre. Drive back to Punakha/ Wangdue. Overnight at the Hotel. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner).
Day 04 Punakha / Wangdue - Paro
Paro (2200 Mts / 7218 Fts, 148 Kms / 04 to 05 Hrs approx drive)
After breakfast, check out and visit the Suspension Bridge. Thereafter, drive to Paro. On arrival at Paro, check in to the hotel. Evening visit to the local market. Overnight at the Hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner).
Day 5 Paro - Hike To Taktsang Lhakhang (Tiger’S Nest) - Paro
Paro (2200 Mts / 7216 Fts)
Start the day early for a day hike to Taktsang Lhakhang (Tiger's Nest Monastery) (Entrance fee INR 1000 (Approx) per person Adult / Child to be paid directly). The hike is an uphill climb for about 3 Hrs one way through beautiful coniferous forests. Later return back to the base where the vehicle will be waiting to take you back to the hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight at the Hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner).
Day 06 Paro - Excursion to Haa Valley - Paro
Chelela Pass (2718 Mts / 8917 Fts, 67 Kms / 02½ to 03 Hrs one way drive approx)
Start the day with a half-day excursion to Chele-la pass (3988 Mts / 13080 Fts) with a packed breakfast. Return to the hotel for lunch. Evening visit to the local market. Overnight at the Hotel. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner).
Day 07 Paro - Paro Airport (PBH)
Paro (2200 Mts / 7216 Fts, 6 Kms / 20 to 30 minutes drive approx)
After breakfast checkout and transfer to Paro Airport. End of our services.
What is included in the tour
- The mentioned rates per person rates are valid for Indian National / Passport Holder only.
- SDF (Sustainable Development Fee) as charged by the Bhutan government.
- Permit charges.
- Meet & Greet upon arrival.
- Accommodation as per the itinerary, on Twin Sharing Basis.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local Guide will be as per the itinerary.
- Packaged drinking water as required.
- All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by 01 AC Toyota Coaster Bus.
- Services of an Expert Tour Leader from Team Foliage.
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST (Goods and Service Tax).
- 5% TCS (Tax Collected at Source) for Indian National only,which will be on & above, the total Invoice amount including GST.
- Cost for Air-ticket (which is always given separately, unless mentioned).
- Cost for supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges,
- Monuments entrance fees.
- Cost for Train fare, Travel / Any kind of Insurance & Premiums, Rafting Charges.
- Cost for service provided on a personal request.
- Cost for personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, incidentals, porter charges, tips, etc.
- Cost for any other service not mentioned under the “Inclusions”.
- Differences in cost arise due to mishaps, political unrest, and natural calamities like - landslides, road blockages, etc.