The states of North East India are a land of pristine untouched forests, lush green valleys, lost and forgotten cultures nestled in mountains that disappear into the clouds. Thrown across the farthest reaches of India, obscured from the greater world by ageless forests and formidable mountain ranges, the states of North East India are one of Asia’s last great natural and anthropological sanctuaries.
This well crafted exclusive tour of Meghalaya enhances your experience not only by the comfort of good stay but also gives you an opportunity to get a closer insight into North East India.
These remote frontiers of rugged beauty are ready to unfold an eclectic mix of tribal cultures, climates, landscapes and people.
The great plains of river Brahmaputra await your brief and are ready to share the untold stories of the largest river island - Majuli.
The clouds, waterfalls, Caves and never ending cool blue mountains define the essence of Meghalaya. The simpleton khasi tribe are warm and welcoming.
Welcoming you to this amazing tour, as we love to call it "Awesome Halfway to Heaven"
In other words, traveller with a taste for raw adventure and the thirst to explore the remote and the unexplored, alongside the comfort driven stay and travel arrangements can bag this opportunity.
What is included in the tour
- Chartered travel by Sumo / Tempo traveller (Guwahati to Guwahati)
- Food on MAP (Breakfast + Dinner + Tea) from (Day 1 Dinner to Day 10 Breakfast)
- Stay in Hotel / Guest Houses / Tents on Twin or Triple sharing.
- Boat transfer to Umanand Island.
- Boat transfers to Majuli Island.
- Travel arrangement while on Majuli island.
- Wildlife Jeep Safari at Kaziranga National Park.
- Wildlife Jeep Safari at Pobitora Wildlife sanctuary.
- Caving at Cherrapunjee.
- Entry Fees as per the itinerary.
- Tour leader from Foliage Outdoors.
- Goods and Services Tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the “Inclusion list”
- Travel arrangement up to and from Guwahati.
- Water bottles, Cold drinks etc.
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Change , extension of stay due to any reason beyond the organisers capacity.
- Travel/ Medical insurance.
- Designed for explorer by heart (upto age - 65 years)
- Umium lake in Meghalaya.
- Waterfalls (Seven sisters, Nohkalikai - The largest in Meghalaya).
- Caving in Cherrapunjee.
- Hike through the rainforest to Living root bridge (double decker), Blue lagoon.
- Indo-Bangla border (selfie at no man’s land).
- Boating in Crystal clear water at Dawki.
- Mawlynnong (the cleanest village of Asia featured by Lonely planet).
- Walk to Single decker root bridge.
- Orchid Park at Kaziranga.
- Jeep safari at Kaziranga for Rhino sighting.
- Sail and explore the largest River Island in the world - Majuli!
- Experience the spirit of unique Vaishnava Monks and Musk making monastery.
- Live with Mishing tribe.
- Jeep safari at Pobitora for Rhino sighting.
- Amazing photographic opportunities.
- Experience and celebrate the unique “Folk culture and cuisine of North East India”.
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati | Guwahati sightseeing | Overnight at Guwahati
Reporting at Guwahati Airport. After arriving at the gateway to the east and the largest city in Assam, we will head towards hotel. Enjoy the majestic views of the Brahmaputra enroute.
Day 2: Guwahati - Cherrapunjee | Overnight at Cherrapunjee
Travel time: 5 hrs / Distance: 150 Kms
Highlights of the day: Never ending blue hill ranges, Water falls (Nohkalikai, Seven sisters etc), Monolith and Caving.
Day 3: Explore Cherrapunjee | Trekking | Overnight at Cherrapunjee
Highlights of the day: Sunrise, Trek to double decker “living root bridge”.
Day 4: Cherrapunjee - Mawlynnong - Dawki - Shillong | Overnight at Shillong
Travel time: 7 hrs / Distance: 200 kms
Highlights of the day: Visit Mawlynnong - the cleanest village in the world, beautiful blue waters at Dawki and Bangladesh border.
Day 5: Shillong - Kaziranga | Overnight at Kaziranga
Travel time: 9 hrs / Distance : 290 kms
Highlights of the day: A scenic drive as we cross the countless rivers and tea estates.
Day 6: Kaziranga - Majuli | Overnight at Majuli
Travel time: 2.5 hrs ( Vehicle) + 2 hrs ( Boat drive ) / Distance: 98 kms
Highlights of the day: Jeep safari at kaziranga, sail across the wide Brahmaputra River, Sunset walk.
Day 7: Exploring Majuli | Mishing Tribe | Overnight at Majuli
Walking down the bank of Luit river, explore tribal villages and experience local cuisine of MISHING tribe.
Day 8: Exploring Majuli | Vaishnava monastery | Overnight at Majuli
Explore the unique lifestyle of Vaishnav tribe, visit to the Samaguri satra to experience the Monastic Mask making process. Night trails on the river bank.
Day 9: Majuli - Pobitora | Overnight at Pobitora
Travel time: 8.5 hrs / Distance: 325 kms
Highlights of the day: A upstream sail in Brahmaputra and a scenic drive to Pobitora.
Day 10: Pobitora - Guwahati | End of tour
Travel time: 3 hrs / Distance: 75 kms
Highlights of the day: Jeep safari to see the endangered “One horned Rhino” and enjoy your last moments with fellow traveller and bid adieu to the beautiful North East!