The states of North East India are a land of pristine untouched forests, lush green valleys, lost and forgotten cultures nestled in mountains that disappear into the clouds. Thrown across the farthest reaches of India, obscured from the greater world by ageless forests and formidable mountain ranges, the states of North East India are one of Asia’s last great natural and anthropological sanctuaries.
This well-crafted exclusive tour of Meghalaya and Assam enhances your experience not only by the comfort of good stay but also gives you an opportunity to get a closer insight into North East India.
These remote frontiers of rugged beauty are ready to unfold an eclectic mix of tribal cultures, climates, landscapes and people.
The untold stories of the largest river island, Majuli, in the great Brahmaputra, are out there just to be discovered by you!
The clouds, waterfalls, caves and never ending cool blue mountains define the essence of Meghalaya. The simpleton Khasi tribe are warm and welcoming.
In other words, travelers with a taste for raw adventure and the thirst to explore the remote and the unexplored, alongside the comfort driven stay and travel arrangements can bag this opportunity. The saying “The more you look, the more you see” aptly summarizes this expedition
Click here to see few photographs clicked by our recent explorer.
Click here to see the teaser video.
What is included in the tour
- Chartered transport (Tempo Traveller) (Guwahati Airport to Guwahati Airport)
- Breakfast + Dinner on all days.
- Stay on twin sharing basis.
- Sunset cruise at river Brahmaputra.
- Boat transfers to Majuli Island.
- Travel arrangement while on Majuli island.
- Monastic dance at Majuli.
- Caving at Cherrapunjee.
- Boating at Umngot river, Dawki.
- 1 Jeep safari at Kaziranga.
- 1 Multi Tribal Live Folk performance at Orchid park kaziranga.
- 1 Jeep Safari at Pobitora.
- Entry Fees as per the itinerary.
- Backpacking leader from Foliage Outdoors.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Goods and Services Tax.
- Anything not mentioned in the “Inclusions list”.
- Travel arrangement up to and from Guwahati.
- Water bottles, Cold drinks, Tea etc.
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Change, extension of stay due to any reason beyond the organisers capacity.
- Travel / Medical insurance.
- Designed for explorer by heart
- Umium lake in Meghalaya.
- Waterfalls (Seven sisters, Nohkalikai - The largest in Meghalaya).
- Spelunking in Cherrapunjee.
- Hike through the rainforest to Living root bridge (double decker), Blue lagoon.
- Indo-Bangla border.
- Boating and swimming in Crystal clear water at Dawki.
- Mawlynnong (the cleanest village of Asia featured by Lonely planet).
- Walk to Single decker root bridge.
- Orchid Park at Kaziranga.
- Multi tribal live folk music at Kaziranga.
- Jeep safari at Kaziranga for Rhino sighting.
- Sail and explore the largest River Island in the world - Majuli!
- Experience the spirit of unique Vaishnava Monks and Musk making monastery.
- Live with Mishing tribe.
- Jeep safari at Pobitora for Rhino sighting.
- Amazing photographic opportunities.
- Experience and celebrate the unique “Folk culture and cuisine of North East India”.
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati | Overnight at Guwahati
Reporting at Guwahati Airport. After arriving at the gateway to the east and the largest city in Assam, we will head towards hotel. Enjoy the majestic views of the Brahmaputra and Umanand island.
Day 2: Guwahati - Cherrapunjee | Overnight at Cherrapunjee
Travel time: 5 hrs / Distance: 150 Kms
Highlights of the day: Never ending blue hill ranges, Waterfalls (Nohkalikai, Seven sisters etc), Monolith and Caving.
Day 3: Explore Cherrapunjee | Trekking | Overnight at Cherrapunjee
Highlights of the day: Sunrise, Trek to double decker “living root bridge”.
This is a magnificent trek through the rainforest that hosts a great variety of flora & fauna. We walk through the valley between Mawsynram & Cherapunjee towards the Nongriat Village. All the fatigue from the long hike will be worth it as you can take a dip in a crystal-clear pond adjacent to the living root bridge. It is truly a heavenly experience!
Day 4: Cherrapunjee - Mawlynnong- Dawki - Shillong | Overnight at Shillong
Travel time: 7 hrs / Distance: 200 kms
Highlights of the day: Visit Bangladesh border, Swimming and boating in the beautiful turquoise waters of River Umngot at Dawki. Then drive to Mawlynnong - recognised as the cleanest village by Lonely Planet.
Day 5: Explore Shillong | Overnight at Shillong
Highlights of the day: The interactive Don Bosco Tribal museum, Shillong cathedral, shop at Police Bazar.
Day 6: Shillong - Kaziranga | Overnight at Kaziranga
Travel time: 7-8 hrs / Distance: 290 kms
Highlights of the day: A scenic drive as we cross the countless rivers and tea estates. Multi tribal live folk performances at Orchid park.
Day 7: Kaziranga - Majuli | Overnight at Majuli
Travel time: 2.5 hrs (Vehicle) + 2 hrs (Boat drive) / Distance: 98 kms
Highlights of the day: Jeep safari at kaziranga, sail across the wide Brahmaputra River, Sunset walk.
Day 8: Explore Majuli | Mishing Tribe and Vaishnav Monastery| Overnight at Majuli
Walking down the bank of Luit river, explore tribal villages and experience local cuisine of the Mishing tribe.
Explore the unique lifestyle of Vaishnav tribe, visit to the Samaguri satra to experience the Monastic Mask making process. Night trails on the river bank of Luit.
Day 9: Majuli - Pobitora
Travel time: 8.5 hrs / Distance: 325 kms
Highlights of the day: A upstream sail in Brahmaputra and a scenic drive to Pobitora.
Day 10: Pobitora - Guwahati | End of tour
Travel time: 3 hrs / Distance: 75 kms
Highlights of the day: Jeep safari to see the endangered “One horned Rhino” and enjoy your last moments with fellow traveller and bid adieu to the beautiful North East!