Recommended for age group : 10 to 16 years
Located in the southern part of the Saurashtra peninsula, Gir National Park is the last refuge for about 500+ Asiatic lions. The park has rugged terrain and the steep rocky hillsides are covered in mixed deciduous forests dominated by Teak, Ber, Flame of the Forest and Banyan trees.
The Asiatic lions, a smaller version of their African cousins, are best viewed at dawn or dusk when they are on the move. Gir also has a good density of Leopards and numerous other animals including Chital, Nilgai, Chousingha (the four-horned antelope) and Wild Boar. Marsh Crocodiles are often seen along the water bodies. The forest is rich in bird life with nearly 300 bird species in it’s checklist. The Asian Paradise Flycatcher, Black-headed Cuckooshrike, Yellow-crowned Woodpecker, Short-toed Snake Eagle, Crested Serpent Eagle, Painted Sandgrouse, Jungle Bush Quail and Grey Francolin are among the variety that are found here.
Gir is a jewel of Gujarat and the pride of India, since it provides the last home to the Asiatic Lion. This summer, join us as we explore the Land of the Lions!
SAVE MORE! Book early to get the best airline fares. Avoid the summer rush prices!
If you are a group of 10 or more friends we can customise the trip exclusively for your group. Contact us for more details.
- A “Students’ Special” departure
- Pune to Pune escorted trip
- Camp Charges inclusive of Air travel
- Unique habitat that boasts of the two mysterious cats of the jungle, the Lion and the elusive Leopard
- Nature trail to discover the local flora and fauna
- Knowledge-sharing sessions where students learn the nuances of tracking and observation
- 4 Jungle safaris to maximise your chance to sight Lions!
- Explore the forest in the company of a Wildlife Expert from Foliage Outdoors
- Stay in luxurious resort
- Travel Insurance for every participant
Day 1 : Pune - Ahmedabad - Gir
Travel to Ahmedabad by flight. Proceed to Gir by AC Vehicles.
Reach resort in time for Dinner followed by room allocation.
(Meals : Lunch, Dinner)
Day 2 : Safaris at Gir
Early morning wake-up call. Set off to explore different parts of Gir National Park and Sanctuary on morning and an evening safari. A knowledge - sharing session with the entire group in the evening, about the various observations made during these two safaris. This will be followed by a documentary on Gir, to know more about the wildlife, birds, plants, and mammals seen during the two safaris. Overnight stay at Gir.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner)
Day 3 : Safaris at Gir
Two more safaris at Gir National Park, where students get to implement the practical techniques of observation and making field notes, to maximise the chances of tracking ‘The Big Cat’. A Group Discussion about the safaris and the various approaches for animal conservation and monitoring in the evening. Overnight stay at Gir.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner)
Day 4 : Gir - Ahmedabad - Pune
Early morning wake-up call, proceed to Ahmedabad with packed breakfast.
Board flight back home.
(Meals : Breakfast & Lunch)
What is included in the tour
- Flight charges to and from Ahmedabad.
- Ahmedabad - Gir - Ahmedabad travel by AC vehicles.
- Accommodation at Gir in a resort on Quadruple sharing basis in AC rooms.
- Food charges for the entire duration of camp (except at the airport).
- Charges for safaris in Gir National Park.
- Entry fees and Guide charges at Gir National Park.
- Travel Insurance for every participant.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water bottle / cold drinks during journey or at the campsite.
- Camera charges. (Rs. 100 per safari for digital camera )
- Personal expenditure of any kind. (Porterage, Telephone, Laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if any / if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”.
- Goods and Services Tax as applicable.
Experience and Expertise:
With an experience of 18+ years in planning and organizing tours, Foliage Outdoors helps your child have an amazing camping experience.
Safety and Reliability:
Safety, reliability, experience, and attention to detail - the four pillars of Foliage Outdoors that help us plan the best and safest adventures for your child.
Physical and Emotional safety:
Adventures can quickly turn to disasters if the proper safety rules are not maintained. We consider the safety of our participants of paramount importance and have only qualified supervisors, who are trained to handle all physical and emotional upheavals.
Our Instructors and Volunteers:
A great camp begins with a great camp Leader, which is why, we have instructors and volunteers who are knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with various age-groups and situations.
A strong, qualified, and professional team trained in medicine and safety protocol accompanies your child. We have a standing ratio of no more than 10 : 1 (Participants : Instructor), to ensure complete safety and comfort of our participants. All our team members undertake refresher course at regular intervals and have hands-on experience in dealing with various situations.
Knowledgeable and Enthusiastic team:
Enthusiatic, knowledgeable, experienced, trained professionals, who genuinely love the great outdoors - that's our team for you!
Lady Instructor or Girl Volunteer:
All our camps have at least one Lady Instructor to take care of all our girl participants
First Aid and Medical back-up facility:
In case of an emergency, our team is trained to provide first aid and CPR. All camps are well-connected to the nearest hospital and some have doctors-on-call as well.
24X7 Assistance and updates:
We send daily updates about your child's camp. Additionally, you can find out about all camp activities by dialing 020-66447777.