Recommended for age group: 10-14 years
Are you searching for an exciting and enriching wildlife experience for your kids? "I Explore - Grassland and Wetland" by Foliage Outdoors is the perfect choice! This camp, designed for kids aged 10 to 14, offers a unique chance to explore nature in a fun and safe environment.
With a range of activities designed to keep kids engaged and entertained through nature exploration in such habitats, the Camp promises an unforgettable experience. From exploring the backwaters of Ujjani Dam to navigating the unending Grassland landscapes of Rehekuri and Mayureshwar, the exploration-filled journey will help the children learn about different habitats in their vicinity. They'll also discover the importance of these habitats and why we need to protect them.
This 3-day program is a great way for kids to get hands-on experience with nature. They will learn a lot about the environment and wildlife around Pune, and have a great time doing it. Join us for an unforgettable wildlife journey with Foliage Outdoors!
Know Before You Book: What to Expect
Before you hit that 'Book Now' button, here's a quick rundown to make sure it's the right fit:
This is a Nature CAMP and Not a luxury TOUR
This Trip involves travel by non-AC Bus to reach the destination for a few departures.
This is an educational nature camp, emphasizing learning and hands-on experiences.
Stay is in Home Stay, Basic Dormitories style accommodation.
Meals are basic but good, keeping things simple and healthy.
The facilities will be basic, not on par with a hotel or resort.
This program prioritizes experiential learning through nature exploration.
- Pune to Pune escorted trip.
- Stay in homestay-style accommodation at picturesque locations.
- Explore how the Flora and Fauna survives in a Wetland
- Get a chance of spotting protected Wildlife species like the Indian Grey Wolf, Blackbuck and Chinkara in their habitat and what it takes to tackle the hardships of living in a challenging habitat.
- Learn how to track animals and the conservation efforts made by Organisations working with the Forest Department for the environment.
- Travel insurance is provided for every participant.
Day 1: Pune - Mayureshwar - Bhigwan
Report at the Foliage Outdoors office on Karve Road, from where they will head towards Mayureshwar Wildlife Sanctuary, enjoying breakfast en route. Here, participants will have the opportunity to observe Chinkaras (Indian Gazelle) in their natural habitat within the Scrubland forest. The day will continue with a visit to Bhigwan, where participants will be introduced to the campsite and engage in an ice-breaking session. The evening includes a boat safari to observe the diverse birdlife of the wetlands. Overnight stay at Bhigwan.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
Day 2: Rehkuri - Bhigwan - Indapur
An early start leads to the Rehekuri Wildlife Sanctuary, famous for its grassland habitat and resident Blackbucks. This visit offers insights into wildlife conservation efforts. The group then returns to Bhigwan for lunch, relaxation, and a wildlife film screening. In the evening head out for a grassland safari, providing a chance to spot Wolves, Foxes, Jackals, Chinkaras and other birds. The day concludes with a night trail before returning to the campsite for dinner. Overnight stay at Bhigwan.
(Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
Day 3: Morning Boat Safari and Visit to Wildlife Rescue Centre
The final day starts with a morning boat safari in Bhigwan, offering a glimpse into the morning activities of wetland birds. After breakfast, the group departs for Pune to visit the RESQ Wildlife Transit Treatment Centre. This visit provides an interactive experience with personnel working in animal protection and wildlife conservation.Return back to Foliage Outdoors Office in the evening.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch)
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private chartered Non AC coach.
- 2 Nights stay at Stay in a homestay on a multiple-sharing basis.
(Separate accommodation is provided for boys and girls.)
- All meals are as per the itinerary.
- Entry fees wherever applicable.
- Boat Safari charges for Bhigwan.
- Grassland Safari Charges.
- Services of Foliage Outdoors trained camp leader(s) equipped with First aid and knowledge of the region.
- Travel Insurance for every participant.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water / cold drinks during the journey or at the campsite.
(The campsite serves Filtered Water for the entire duration of the stay)
- Personal expenditure of any kind.
- Medical Expenses incurred if any.
- Any other charges not mentioned in Charges Include.
- Camera Charges
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Goods and Services Tax.