A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kaas Plateau is also called as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers! An ideal place to view some rare species of flowers and plants that are endemic to the Western Ghats. The Kaas Plateau, popularly referred to as the "Plateau of Flowers," is a well-known tourist destination in Maharashtra and a well-liked picnic location in the late monsoon season. The plateau is around 1,000 hectares in size and is located at an elevation of 1200 m. The Kaasa tree is where the name "Kaas" comes from. More than 850 distinct blooming plant species can be found in Kaas, 624 of which are on the IUCN Red List. These include carnivorous plants like Drosera Indica, shrubs like the Karvy, and orchids.
The Koyna Dam's catchment region is the Kaas Plateau, which provides a view of the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary's extensive evergreen forests.
It is an absolute Floral Treat!
Note: We have scheduled batches for the Kaas Plateau only on weekdays. This is to ensure that we can explore the plateau in a less crowded environment. The plateau is a popular tourist destination, and it can get very crowded on weekends. By scheduling our batches on weekdays, we can give you the best possible experience of the plateau.
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Valley of Flowers of Maharashtra.
- Enjoy the floral extravaganza at this dreamland in monsoon.
- Haven for bird watchers.
- 850 different species of flowering plants.
0630 hrs: Reporting at Foliage Outdoors Office, Kothrud
0645 hrs: Leave for Kaas Plateau. En-route Breakfast.
0930 hrs: Reach Kaas Plateau and experience the grandeur of floral carpets on the plateau.
1330 hrs: Lunch and Rest.
1430 hrs: Depart for Pune. Evening Tea & snacks en route.
1830 hrs: Reach Pune.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune Transport ( Non AC).
- Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Evening tea with snacks.
- Kaas Entry Charges.
- Guide fees at Kaas.
- Services of Outdoor Experts from Foliage Outdoors well equipped with First Aid.
- Assistance in First Aid if needed.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera Fees.
- Mineral Water / Cold Drinks / Personal expenses of any kind.
- Medical expenses – if incurred during the excursion.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include” list.
- GST as Applicable.