Join us on the Tamhini Nature Trail, a captivating day visit with Foliage Outdoors' "I Explore" initiative. Situated on the crest of the Western Ghat mountain ranges, Tamhini Ghat is noted for its surroundings comprising scenic waterfalls, crystal clear streams, and dense woods. Situated about 65 km from Pune, Tamhini has been a favorite hotspot for nature lovers. The Tamhini area has some dense evergreen forests offering good opportunities for bird watching.
The sacred Grove in Tamhini is surely worth a visit. It is also home to some beautiful monsoon flora. A trail through the 'Devrai' can reveal an interesting variety of Plants, Ferns Fungi, Birds, and mammals.
This is a great opportunity to experience the beauty of the Western Ghats and learn about the importance of conservation.
- Hike through a variety of different habitats, including forests, waterfalls, and meadows.
- See a variety of native flora and fauna, including birds, butterflies, and animals like the Malabar Giant Squirrel.
- Led by an experienced naturalist.
- A hike is suitable for all experience levels.
- Visit to a sacred grove.
0630 hrs: Reporting at Foliage Outdoor’s Office, Kothrud.
0645 hrs: Leave for Tamhini. En-route Breakfast.
0930 hrs: Reach Tamhini and start a nature trail to experience the grandeur of an evergreen forest.
1330 hrs: Lunch
1430 hrs: Visit and learn more about a sacred grove (Devrai) nearby
1600 hrs: Leave for Pune, En route Evening Tea and snacks.
1830 hrs: Reach Pune.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune Transport (Non AC)
- Forest Entry Fees
- Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Evening Tea with Snacks
- Services of Outdoor Experts from Foliage Outdoors well equipped with First Aid
- Assistance in First Aid if needed
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of Insurance
- Mineral Water / Cold Drinks / Personal expenses of any kind.
- Medical expenses – if incurred during the excursion.
- Any other charges not mentioned in the “Charges Include” list.
- GST as Applicable