Nagtibba Leisure Trek with Rafting!!! is a camp for someone who always want "everything" from their outdoor holidays. So, we decided to offer everything that defines a great holiday experience...a combination of stay at picturesque locations, camping in Garhwal Himalayas, scaling a summit and white water rafting. Did we tell you that this is an ideal travel plan for someone who wants to travel relatively less to have a complete "himalayan experience"? Well, we just did :)
The trek begins from a small picturesque village called Pantwari. The climbing gradient while going up is moderate with a few steep patches in between making this trek suitable for all including enterprising and moderately adventurous families.The panorama of the Himalayan snow peaks of Garhwal and Himachal region is sure to keep you busy with the camera. Some of the famous peaks that are visible from here include the Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Srikanth and Black Peak.
At Nag Tibba Top you will have the whole place to yourself with just an odd Gujjar / shepherd sharing the magnificent views with you.
After a magnificent trek, we head to White Water Rafting. While whole of India will be grappling with scorching heat, you will be beating it in ice cold water of River Yamuna.
What is included in the tour
- Transport : Delhi - Dehradun - Delhi by AC Vehicle and Dehradun to Dehradun by chartered non-AC vehicle
- Accommodation at Viraatkhai on twin sharing basis for 3 nights.
- Alpine camping on Nag Tibba trek route for 2 nights.
- All meal charges - from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- One session of White Water Rafting
- Services of a Camp leader from Foliage Outdoors.
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary that includes one session of White Water Rafting (note minimum age for the same is 10 years)
- Travel Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Train arrangement upto New Delhi.
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks / any other beverages purchased during journey or at the Destination
- Personal expenditure of any kind (personal porterage, telephone, laundry, room service etc.).
- Medical Expenses if incurred.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond control of the organizers.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Charges Include”
- Nearest trek route from Dehradun that that means less travel time.
- Host of activities including trekking, camping, rafting, body surfing, rappelling, river crossing, valley crossing and bridge slithering
- A trek that is short and arguably best for the beginners.
- A great idea to have it as your first trekking holiday or introduce your child to trekking.
- Pretty meadows, stunning views, and lovely walk through Deodar, Oak and Pine forests.
- Beautiful views of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Srikanth and Black Peak.
- An unforgettable experience of White Water Rafting.
- A day in Mussoorie.
Day 1 : Delhi - Dehradun
Reach Delhi. Travel overnight to Dehradun.
Day 2 : Dehradun - Viraatkhai | 74 kms / 3-4 hours drive
Reach Dehradun and proceed to Viraatkhai. This is a short journey and we will be at the lodge by lunch time.
In the evening, we will take a very short walk, pass a very small village and try our luck with the first views of the distant snow-clad peaks.
Overnight at Viraatkhai.
Day 3 : Viraatkhai - Tiger Falls trek - ViraatkKhai | 25 kms | Easy Trek
Today we drive to Chakrata town (25 kms) and hike down to see the famous Tiger Falls. The hike is mostly downhill and fairly easy. Return to the Viraatkhai.
Late afternoon, proceed for a short hike to see sunset.
Overnight at Viraatkhai.
Day 4 : Viraatkhai - Pantwari - Nag Tibba Base Camp | 2.5 hours drive | 4-5 hours trek
The day starts at Pantwari village a 2 hour drive from the lodge. This is the base point for the Nag Tibba trek. The climb to Nagtibba base is mild enough for everyone even with basic level of fitness to enjoy as well and lasts only 2.5 - 3 hrs at an easy pace.
This is a good introduction to Camping in the Himalayas. The day ends around the bonfire.
Overnight in alpine tents.
Day 5 : Nag Tibba Base Camp - Nag Tibba Summit - Nag Tibba Base Camp | 4 hours trek
Wake up to the chirping of birds and enjoy a hot cuppa tea / coffee. After an early breakfast we will hike for about 2 kms to reach the Nag Tibba top (10000 feet / 3050 m). From here we will enjoy the majestic views of the snow clad mountain ranges of Garhwal and Himachal. You will get to see the famous Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, Neelkanth, Black Peak and many more peaks from here.
We will have picnic lunch here and spend the whole afternoon relaxing. After having a delightful time, we will set off to hike back to Nagtibba base.
Overnight in alpine tents.
Day 6 : Nag Tibba Base Camp - Yamuna bridge - Virat Khai
Today we trek to the beautiful Pantwari village and drive to reach Yamuna Bridge. Here we indulge in exciting activities like swimming through a small rapid, rafting, river crossing, duckie rides, bridge slithering, body surfing, stream walks, etc. After spending time here, proceed to Viraatkhai.
Day 7 : Viraatkhai - Dehradun - New Delhi
Get introduced to Valley Crossing and Rappelling. Proceed to Dehradun post lunch.
Late evening, board the vehicle for New Delhi.
Travel overnight to New Delhi.
Day 8 : Delhi
Tour ends here and time to say goodbye to your fellow campers till we meet again to share the images and memories of your time spent in Garhwal Himalayas.