Recommended for age group: 10 - 12 years
Introduce your child to the mysteries of space this summer! Our popular camp Panchgani Astronauts, offers an exciting opportunity for young Foliagers to visit the Natskies Space Observatory and study the secrets of the stars. Not only will they have a chance to observe solar flares and understand the basics of rocket science, but will get to build their own rockets and telescopes as well!! In addition, lively activities like Flying Fox, Burma Bridge, and Obstacle Course add to the fun of the Adventure Camp.
Encourage a love for space and sports in your kids this summer, at our unique Panchgani Astronauts Camp!
Hurry, seats fill up fast!
If you are a group of 10 or more friends we can customise the trip exclusively for your group. Contact us for more details.
- Pune to Pune escorted trip
- Stay in tents at a picturesque location
- Visit a space observatory which is a member of NASA Museum Alliance
- Study and build your own telescope
- Understand the working of air rockets as you build and launch your own
- Learn the concept of gas rockets and the interesting chemistry behind it
- Find out what Astronauts eat in Space and try food samples of the same
- Watch our Sun and observe the Solar flares and spots in the safest way possible
- Enjoy an interactive virtual sky tour
- Learn all about the fascinating Greek and Indian mythology of stars, constellations, and astronomy
- Get an opportunity to see the various astronomical wonders through the ultra-advanced telescopes at the observatory
- Test-launch a glider under different weather conditions
- Engage in black box activity: an interactive quiz to understand the results of your space mission
- Adventure activities like Burma Bridge, Flying Fox, Obstacle Course, Trust Track, etc.
- Travel Insurance for every participant
Day 1: Pune to Panchgani (Space Program)
Report at Foliage Outdoors office on Karve Road at 0700 hours. Leave from Pune at 0730 hours. Enjoy breakfast en route. Introduction to the campsite, followed by an interactive session to get introduced to fellow campers. Proceed to Lunch, followed by some time for rest. Then we have an orientation session regarding the overall plan of activities for the entire duration of camp. Set out on a guided tour to the Observatory and Space Museum. Try your hand at a Gas-Propelled Rocketry Experiment. See what astronauts eat in space and sample it as well! Enjoy building your own telescope and learn all about Soda Straw Rocketry. Post dinner, sit back, relax, and listen to fascinating stories from mythology about the moons and stars. Enjoy your first stargazing session. Overnight stay in Tents.
(Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
Day 2: Adventure Activities
Early wake-up call. Gear up for an exciting astro-agility course. Observe the sun from a sunscope and proceed to enjoy a hands-on experience of working a Sun Dial. Post breakfast, we have a brief session on air-propelled rocketry. Make your own rocket and see it soar through the air! Now it is time for some fun adventure activities like Flying Fox and Burma Bridge. Fill up on a delicious lunch after all the activities of the morning and rest those weary legs. Post lunch, get ready for an obstacle course challenge. Work your way through an obstacle course consisting of 21 unique activities. Finish up with a Trust Walk. Watch the setting sun among the hills of Panchgani, as you gather around a campfire for some songs and stories. Overnight stay in tents.
(Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
Day 3: Panchgani - Pune
Early wake-up call followed by a short trek and nature trail on the Panchgani plateau. Pack up your bags before lunch. After lunch, we have a short closing ceremony. Click group photos with your new friends. Leave for Mapro Garden for some snacks. Leave for Pune by 1500 hrs. Reach Foliage Outdoors Office on Karve Road by 1830 hours.
(Meals: Breakfast & Lunch)
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune escorted trip.
- Accommodation in tents on multiple sharing basis.
(Separate for Girls and Boys.)
- Pune - Campsite - Pune travel by chartered bus.
- Food charges for the entire duration of the camp (Pune to Pune).
- Space Workshop by a NASA affiliated and listed Observatory.
- All adventure activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance for every participant.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water / cold drinks during journey or at the campsite.
(Campsite serves Filtered Water for the entire duration of the stay)
- Personal expenditure of any kind.
- Medical Expenses incurred if any.
- Any other charges not mentioned in "Charges Include".
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Goods and Services Tax.
Experience and Expertise:
With an experience of 18+ years in planning and organizing tours, Foliage Outdoors helps your child have an amazing camping experience.
Safety and Reliability:
Safety, reliability, experience, and attention to detail - the four pillars of Foliage Outdoors that help us plan the best and safest adventures for your child.
Physical and Emotional safety:
Adventures can quickly turn to disasters if the proper safety rules are not maintained. We consider the safety of our participants of paramount importance and have only qualified supervisors, who are trained to handle all physical and emotional upheavals.
Our Instructors and Volunteers:
A great camp begins with a great camp Leader, which is why, we have instructors and volunteers who are knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with various age-groups and situations.
A strong, qualified, and professional team trained in medicine and safety protocol accompanies your child. We have a standing ratio of no more than 10 : 1 (Participants : Instructor), to ensure complete safety and comfort of our participants. All our team members undertake refresher course at regular intervals and have hands-on experience in dealing with various situations.
Knowledgeable and Enthusiastic team:
Enthusiatic, knowledgeable, experienced, trained professionals, who genuinely love the great outdoors - that's our team for you!
Lady Instructor or Girl Volunteer:
All our camps have at least one Lady Instructor to take care of all our girl participants
First Aid and Medical back-up facility:
In case of an emergency, our team is trained to provide first aid and CPR. All camps are well-connected to the nearest hospital and some have doctors-on-call as well.
24X7 Assistance and updates:
We send daily updates about your child's camp. Additionally, you can find out about all camp activities by dialing 020-66447777.