Recommended for All Ages.
Barely 65 miles on the South from the mega-metropolis of Kolkata and dominated by the legendary swimming swamp Tigers, Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forests and delta in the word formed by three great river systems: Brahmaputra, Ganges & Meghna. Considered as one of the last true wildernesses remaining on our planet Earth, this tidal country beholds a unique ecosystem totally governed by the diurnal tides resulting into a thriving arena for a myriad life forms - from mammals to the vertebrates. Designated as UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sundarbans is contiguous to Bangladesh. The legendary Bonobibi deity revered and worshipped both by the Hindus and Muslims marks a remarkable departure from the usual notion which prevents Muslims from worshiping any idol. Being the only Mangrove Tiger Reserve in the world, Sundarbans have the rare distinction of being declared a Biosphere Reserve. The 4 million people inhabiting in about 54 islands scattered across this vast landscape depend heavily for their livelihood on this mysterious and hostile forest terrain. Come, discover the realm of the magical land with us!
- Sunderbans - Largest Mangrove forest in India.
- A UNESCO World Heritage site.
- A chance to witness some rare avian beauties like Goliath Heron, Ruddy Kingfisher, Mangrove Whistler and Brown-winged Kingfisher.
- A unique experience to explore the Tiger Reserve using a boat.
- Company of an in-house Wildlife Expert from Foliage Outdoors.
- Visit to Botanical Gardens.
Day 1: Kolkata
Pick up from Kolkata Airport and transfer to Hotel. Evening explore Kolkata Food Trail through the Streets of this City of Joy while we take a walk through India’s oldest Chinatown. Food costs during the food trail to be borne by the participants. Overnight stay at a Hotel in Kolkata.
Day 2: Kolkata to Sundarban (2hrs) and Full day excursion in Sundarban Tiger Reserve
Early morning with packed breakfast leave for Gadkhali, travel time to Gadkhali is about 2 hours. Upon arrival at Gadkhali, board the motorized boat with lunch on board. The rest of the day will be spent exploring different creeks and mangrove belts. Check-in at the resort in the evening. Overnight stay at a resort in Sundarban.
(Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 3: Full day excursion in Sundarban Tiger Reserve
Full day spent exploring the Sundarbans Tiger Reserve. Evening return to the resort. Overnight stay at a resort in Sundarban.
(Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 4: Morning boat-safari at Sundarbans - Kolkata
Full day spent exploring the Sundarbans Tiger Reserve. Around 4 pm leave for Kolkata. Overnight stay at a Hotel in Kolkata.
(Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 5: Visit to Botanical Gardens - Airport drop
Post-breakfast visit Botanical Gardens (time permitting depending upon flight timings) later transfer to Kolkata Airport. End of Services.
What is included in the tour
- Dedicated AC transport from Kolkata to the jetty and back.
- River transfers by private motorboat.
- All boat safaris as per the itinerary using the private motorboat.
- All entrances and permits.
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in AC rooms for 02 nights on twin-sharing basis at a resort in Sunderbans.
- Accommodation in AC Rooms for 02 nights on a twin-sharing basis in Kolkata.
- Expert Naturalist from Team Foliage.
- Goods and Services Tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Air / Rail Fares.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any kind of drinks.
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Medical Expenses if any / if incurred.
- Camera Charges.
- Tips to drivers, guides and hotel staff.
- Anything not mentioned under 'Charges Include'.