Recommended for All Ages.
Barely 65 miles on the South from the mega-metropolis of Kolkata and dominated by the legendary swimming swamp Tigers, Sunderbans is the largest mangrove forests and delta in the word formed by three great river systems: Brahmaputra, Ganges & Meghna. Considered as one of the last true wildernesses remaining on our planet Earth, this tidal country beholds a unique ecosystem totally governed by the diurnal tides resulting into a thriving arena for a myriad life forms - from mammals to the vertebrates. Designated as UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sunderbans is contiguous to Bangladesh. The legendary Bonobibi deity revered and worshipped both by the Hindus and Muslims marks a remarkable departure from the usual notion which prevents Muslims from worshiping any idol. Being the only Mangrove Tiger Reserve in the world, Sunderbans have the rare distinction of being declared a Biosphere Reserve. The 4 million people inhabiting in about 54 islands scattered across this vast landscape depend heavily for their livelihood on this mysterious and hostile forest terrain. Come, discover the realm of the magical land with us!
- Sunderbans - Largest Mangrove forest in India.
- A UNESCO World Heritage site.
- A chance to witness some rare avian beauties like Goliath Heron, Ruddy Kingfisher, Mangrove Whistler and Brown-winged Kingfisher.
- Unique experience to explore the Tiger Reserve using a boat.
- Company of an in-house Wildlife Expert from Foliage Outdoors.
- Visit to Botanical Gardens and Victoria Memorial.
Day 1: Kolkata - Sunderbans.
Pick up from Kolkata Airport at about 9 AM. Travel about 3 hours to the jetty through small bazaars,villages and countryside. Transfer to motor launch and set sailing for about 1 hour to our resort. Check in followed by a hot lunch. In the afternoon set out for the first boat safari in Sunderbans. Evening tea and snacks. Dinner and overnight stay at the resort.
Day 2: Full day excursion in Sunderban Tiger Reserve.
Full day spent on the boat exploring the mysterious mangroves of Sunderbans. Breakfast, lunch, and tea are served on the boat. Dinner and overnight stay at the resort.
Day 3: Full day excursion in Sunderban Tiger Reserve.
Full day spent exploring the Sunderbans Tiger Reserve. Evening return to the resort. Dinner and overnight stay at the resort.
Day 4: Morning boat-safari at Sunderbans - Kolkata.
Full day spent exploring the Sunderbans Tiger Reserve. Departure to Kolkatapost lunch. Evening at leisure. in the evening. Overnight stay in Kolkata. ( Dinner at Kolkatta is not included.)
Day 5: Kolkata Sightseeing - Airport drop.
Post-breakfast visit Botanical Gardens.Transfer to the Kolkata Airport. End of Services.
What is included in the tour
- Dedicated AC transport from Kolkata to the jetty and back.
- River transfers by private motor boat.
- All boat safaris as per the itinerary using private motor boat.
- All entrances and permits.
- All meals Ex-Kolkata.
- Accommodation in Non AC rooms on twin-sharing basis at a resort in Sunderbans.
- Accommodation in AC Rooms in Kolkata on twin-sharing basis.
- Expert Naturalist from Team Foliage.
- Goods and Services Tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Air / Rail Fares.
- Personal Expenses.
- Any kind of drinks.
- Camera Charges.
- Anything not mentioned under 'Charges Include'.