Age Limit: 12+ complete
Altitude: Approx 700 meters to 100 meters above sea level
Villages: Pimpri - Hirdi - Bhira - Patnus
District: Mulshi, Pune
Note - This is trek and Closed/Clean toilet is not available during the trek.
Andharban, hosts a long-rooted stretch of evergreen forest. The forest is so dense, that the sun rays indented upon it, find it very difficult to make it to the forest floor. Spectacular views of Kundalika Gorge, Tel Baila Fort and Bhira reservoir vibe its grace to all trekkers on board . Colourful Wild flowers add to the beauty of its verdant landscape. The trek descends down, into the Konkan region to reach Bhira. It’s a simple but a long trek, that can be enjoyed by inexperienced trekkers as well. It shall certainly cater to a lasting detour.
Also it is very interesting to know that there used to be an old trade route to Ghat route named as Gadhavlot and Savlya ghat. This ghat route were the connecting ‘Kokan’ and the ‘Desh’. Gadhavlot Ghat leads to Nagshet village and Savlya Ghat leads to Bhira/Patnus village
For various safety measures now we need to take permission/permits from the forest authorities. Hence we need to have prior information and confirmation of participation so as to run the operations smoothly and avoid last minute hassle.
0530 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0545 hrs: Departure from Pune
0730 - 0810 hrs: Breakfast Enroute
0810 - 0900 hrs: Reach Trek Start Point near Pimpri Dam
0900 - 1230 hrs: Start the trek till lunch point with intermediate short breaks
1230 - 1400 hrs: Lunch and Rest
1400 - 1600 hrs: Reach Bhira - Have tea & Freshen up
1600 hrs: Start return journey
2000 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 8th November 2019, 1800 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (At least 25 - 30 lit) with rain cover. (Compulsory)
- Minimum 3 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dri-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Rain wear (Jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater (Recommended)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Extra set of Clothes (If wish to change, No changing space is available for ladies)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
- Provisional cash @ Rs.1500/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
(At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone etc)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
Tempo traveler for 10+ participants to make it economical for all.
For lesser participants, Trek Leader will discuss and decide.
After Registration *Temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
Trek Leader : 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi) & 9673632374 (Prasad Danve)
Back-up contact : 7720012720 (Anupam Tamboli)
Self contributory: At actual expenses of transport, food & Entry Fees + Registration Fees Rs.100/- Per Person(Non refundable & Non transferable)
Please Note: At actual expenses of transport & food will be equally divided over the participants and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek.