Malhargad & Daulatmangal (Bhuleshwar) on 8th September 2019, Sunday.
- Easy Grade Forts, Ideal for Sporty Kids above 6 years
- Bhuleshwar: Graceful Stone Carvings.
- Malhargad: Last fort constructed, offering great views of Bhima & Karha Plateau.
- Historical Saswad: Tastefully constructed ancient temples with interesting mythological stories.
The fort is named after Lord Malhari i.e. Khandoba. The fort has two temples, temple of Khandoba and temple of Lord Shiva. It is also known as Sonori fort because of the base village Sonori. It is supposed to be The last fort built in Maharashtra. Malhargad is a small fort and can be seen in 30-45 mins.
The fort was built to keep watch on “Dive'' ghat along the Pune-Saswad route. The fort was built during the period of 1757 A.D. to 1760 A.D. The fort was built by Sardar Panse, who was the chief in-charge of Ordnance of the Peshwas. Elder Madhavrao Peshwe use to visit the fort.
A “Wada”, belonging to Sardar Panse, can be seen in the Sonori village, Much of its fortification and bastions are in a state of ruin.
- Location: Near Saswad
- District: PuneBase Village: Sonori
- Fort Range: Bhuleshwar
- Malhargad Altitude: Approx 3100 ft above mean sea level
- Malhargad: Hill Fort
- Trek Difficulty: Easy
Daulatmangal (Bhuleshwar) Temple: Location - Malshiras
As per Hindu mythology the temple was built by the Pandavas. It is said that the Jirnodhar of the Bhuleshwar temple is done during the period of 1230 AD during Yadava Rulers.
It is situated around 45 kilometres from Pune and 10 km inside on Pune Solapur highway from Yawat. The temple is situated on a hill and was built in the 13th century. There are classical sculptures on the temple walls which will be mesmerising to explore. It has been declared as a protected monument. This temple is constructed using Black basalt rock which is different as compared to surrounding brownish color basalt which has a high percentage of calcium & lime.
The fort on which the temple is situated is called as Daulatmangal fort, also at times referred as Mangalgad. The fort was constructed in 1629 by Murar Jagdev who, in 1630, looted Pune. He then built the fort to keep a watch on the city.
0615 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0630 - 0900 hrs: Departure - Breakfast En-route - Reach Bhuleshwar
0900 - 1000 hrs: Explore Bhuleshwar Temple - Proceed to Saswad
1000 - 1100 hrs: Reach Saswad
1100 - 1200 hrs: Visit Changawateshwar & Sangameshwar
1200 - 1330 hrs: Lunch
1330 - 1500 hrs: Proceed to Sonori - Explore Panse Wada
1500 - 1800 hrs: Hike Malhargad - Explore - Hike down - Reach Base
1800 - 1830 hrs: Tea Break
1800 - 1930 hrs: Travel back - Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 6th September 2019, 1800 hr
Age limit: 6 to 65 years with reasonable fitness.
Note: Kids between 6 to 10 years to be accompanied by parents.
Things to Carry : ✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) (to keep yourself hydrated)(Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse/Sandals)
- Small Sack / Backpack with rain cover.
- Wear dry fit track pant and T-shirt (full sleeves)
- Rain wear (jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater
- Extra set of Clothes (for changing purpose as per personal requirement)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (as per personal requirement)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (useful while return bus journey)
- Light Snacks helpful during the trek (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc)
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (camera, mobiles etc.)
- Provisional cash @ Rs.1200/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
- (At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
Optional Kit :
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought :
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear . (Full track pants are suggested as it avoids injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
We will be going to the fort by a Pvt Bus (Tempo traveler or similar arrangement)
After Registration you will be added to the *temporary Whats App group "Malhargad 8-Sep-2019".
Emergency contact numbers
Trek Leader : 9822763638/7720090718 (Aditya Joshi)
Back-up contact : 96736 32374 (Prasad Danve)