Altitude: Approx 4000 feet above sea level
Base Village: Korle & Khavali
Note - This is trek and Closed/Clean toilet is not available during the trek.
Raireshwar is a huge plateau in the Sahyadri Ranges which lengths around 7-8 kms. It is lesser popular than Pachgani & Kaas, since one need to trek for an hour to reach here. Raireshwar is mainly known for two things. First is the Shiva Temple, where it is believed that Shivaji Maharaj took an "Oath of Swarajya", has no documentary evidence though. Second thing the flowers which get bloomed throughout the monsoon season. The plateau offers best views of Forts like Rajgad, Torna, Rohida, Kenjalgad, Kamalgad etc and river basins of Neera & Walki.
Dhom is a small village, located 8 kms away from Wai towards West. The place is known for a unique temple of "Lakshmi-Nrusinha & Shiva". The best part is the "Nandi-Mandap", constructed on the back of Turtle, floating in between stone carved lotus shaped fountain.
Menawali is another village near Wai, popularly known for the Wada (Palace) of Nana Phadanvis & a beautiful Ghat constructed by Nana on the banks of River Krishna. This location can be seen in many Marathi & Bollywood Movies. Spending an evening here with our feet dipped in the soothing water of Krisha is worth experiencing and a perfect way to end the trek.
Date: 26th January 2020, Sunday
0545 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0600 hrs: Departure from Pune
0800 - 0845 hrs: Explore Nageshwar Temple, Ambawade (Have Packed Breakfast - Cake, Energy Bar etc)
0845 - 0930 hrs: Travel from Ambawade to Raireshwar Base
0930 - 1430 hrs: Explore Raireshwar (1 hrs Climb + 3 hrs Exploring | Lunch | Activities + 1 hrs Descend)
1430 - 1500 hrs: Travel from Raireshwar Base to Dhom
1500 - 1530 hrs: Explore Temple at Dhom
1530 - 1600 hrs: Travel from Dhom to Menawali
1600 - 1700 hrs: Explore Menawali
1700 hrs: Start return journey
2030 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 24th January 2020, 2000 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (At least 2 lit) with rain cover. (Compulsory)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dri-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Winter wear / Warm Cloths (Jacket / OR Windcheater) (Recommended)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Extra set of Clothes (If wish to change)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone etc)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
After Registration a temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
Whats App group will be formed by two days prior to the departure date.
Trek Leader : 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi) & 9673632374 (Prasad Danve)
Back-up contact : 7720012720 (Anupam Tamboli)
What is included in the tour
- Food charges (Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea,)
- Transport by Non AC Bus
- All Entry Fees & Tickets
- Services of a tour leader from Foliage Outdoors.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Mineral water / cold drinks purchased during journey or at the campsite.
- Any medical expenses, if incurred.
- Expenses incurred due to delay in the schedule for reasons beyond the control of organizers.
- Any other personal expenses.
- Any charges not mentioned in "Charges Include".