Rohida fort, also known as Vichitragad or Binicha Killa. It is situated in the valley of Rohid in the Basin of Neera River. Rohida Fort was the main centre for the villages of Rohid valley.
- District: Pune
- Taluka: Bhor
- Base Village: Bajarwadi
- Rohida Altitude: Approx 3600 ft above mean sea level
- Rohida: Hill Fort
- Grade: Moderate
This historic fort is known to be from the period of Yadavas. Carvings on the 3rd entrance gate of the fort suggest that the fort was modified by Mohammad Adil-Shah.
In 1656 Shivaji Maharaj won the fort from the hands of Bandal-Deshmukh of Rohid in a close battle. After the battle Bandals, were inducted into Swarajya movement.
As per the ‘Treaty of Purandar’, in 1666, the fort was surrendered to Mughals. However in1670, Shivaji Maharaj recaptured the fort.
Later, Mughals took over the fort but the chief commissioner of Bhor fought with Aurangzeb and won the fort back. Until the post-independence merger of all provinces, Rohida fort remained with the Bhor province (Bhorkar) along with other forts such as Rajgad, Torna, Tung and Tikona.
0600 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0615 hrs: Departure
0800 hrs: Reach Bajarwadi Village
0800 - 0845 hrs: Breakfast
0845 - 1330 hrs: Hike to Rohida Fort + Explore + Descend
1330 - 1500 hrs: Lunch at base village Bajarwadi - Rest
1500 hrs: Start return Journey
1730 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 21st September 2019, 0900 hrs
Age limit: 8 to 65 years with reasonable fitness.
Note: Kids between 8 to 12 years to be accompanied by parents.
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
Things to Carry : (of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) (to keep yourself hydrated)(Compulsory)
- Small Sack / Backpack with rain cover.
- Sports / Trekking shoes (compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse/Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (useful while return bus journey)
- Wear dry fit track pant and T-shirt (full sleeves)
- Rain wear (jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater
- Extra set of Clothes (for changing purpose as per personal requirement)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (as per personal requirement)
- Light Snacks helpful during the trek (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc)
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (camera, mobiles etc.)
- Provisional cash @ Rs.1500/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
- At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek
Optional Kit :
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought :
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear . (Full track pants are suggested as it avoids injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
We will be travelling by a Pvt Bus (Tempo traveler or similar arrangement)
Bus Route: FO Kothrud Office - Warje Bridge - Khed Shivapur - Kapurhol - Bhor - Bajarwadi (Base Village) - and back via the same route to FO Kothrud Office, Pune (approx 150 km two ways)
After Registration you will be added to the *temporary Whats App group "Rohida _220919".
In case of any emergency please contact numbers given below:
Trek Leader : 9822763638 / 7720090718 (Aditya Joshi)
Back-up contact : 96736 32374 (Prasad Danve)
Self contributory: At actual expenses of transport, food & Entry Fees + Registration Fees Rs.100/- Per Person (Non refundable & Non transferable Unless trek gets cancelled)
Please Note: At actual expenses of transport & food will be equally divided over the participants and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek.