Recommended for age group 14 - 18 years
The stage for some of the most fascinating activities is set against the awe-inspiring backdrop of the mighty Sahyadris. A trek through the impregnable forests of Andharban (The Dark Forest) will introduce you to unexplored Jungles, different birds and insects. Camping in the backdrop of calm and beautiful backwaters of Mulshi and Bhira, enjoying the lush beauty with the wind against your face will be a treat for the senses.You will believe you have your hands full till we mention that along the way you will stay in self-pitched tented campsites at picturesque locations so that you can appreciate the raw beauty of nature. Learn all about surviving in the Great Outdoors which is a must for any avid adventurer, right from the basics like setting up tents to Wilderness survival skills!
Get your Adventure mode on this winter, with our Sahyadri Adventure Experience!
- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at email@example.com if you'd like to make a booking.
- Pune to Pune escorted trip
- A “Students’ Special” departure
- Unique camping experience
- Stay in tents, at picturesque locations
- Trek through the dense forest of Andharban
- Learn basics of survival skills in the Great Outdoors
- Interesting session of stargazing and night sky observation
- Trek to the mighty Devkund Waterfall
- Travel Insurance for every participant
Day 1 : Pune to Tamhini - Camp 1 - Night Trail
Report at Foliage Outdoors office on Karve Road at 0630 hours. Leave from Pune at 0700 hours. Breakfast en-route in Mulshi. Arrive at the base village - Camp 1. Lunch upon arrival. Set up the campsite near a lake. Learn the basics of tent pitching and campsite setup. Evening will be spent in swimming in the lake (with life jackets).
As the evening sets in, bring out the master chef in you as you hone your outdoor cooking skills. Post dinner, head out for a night trail followed by a short and interesting session of stargazing and night sky observation. Overnight stay in tents.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
Day 2 : Andharban Trek - Camp 2 - Wilderness Survival Skills
Wake up to an early morning tea followed by campsite windup activity. Post breakfast leave for the start point of Andharban trek. Start trekking through the dense and dark forest and reach Hirdi village to enjoy a locally cooked lunch. Resume the trek to reach Bhira Backwaters and proceed to Camp 2 by 1630 hrs. Upon reaching, freshen up and get oriented to camp and its surroundings over a hot cup of tea. The participants will also enjoy learning and trying their hand at barbecue for dinner. A short session on Wilderness Survival Skills. Overnight stay in tents.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
Day 3 : Devkund Waterfall Trek - Pune
Post breakfast, we trek to the beautiful waterfall of Devkund through the vast and mighty valley near Bhira Backwaters. Reach Devkund waterfall, enjoy the magnificent views and click pictures. Trek back to Camp 2, where piping hot lunch awaits us. Post lunch, enjoy a closing ceremony and click group photos with your new friends. Leave for Pune around 1500 hours. Reach Foliage Outdoors office on Karve road by 1830 hours.
(Meals : Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Snacks)
Charges (Ex- Pune) :
Camp Fees: Rs.6,800 + 5 % GST
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune escorted trip.
- Stay in Quechua T3+ tents on triple sharing basis.
- (Toilets are not attached and are dry pit mechanism toilets, separate for girls and boys)
- Usage of Sleeping Bags and Sleeping mats inside the tent.
- Usage of camping tables and camping stools.
- Pune - Campsite - Pune travel by a private chartered bus.
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guided trek of Andharban and Devkund.
- Food charges for entire duration of camp (Pune to Pune).
- Travel Insurance for every participant.
- Forest Department Entry fees and local entry fees wherever applicable.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water / cold drinks during journey or at the campsite.
- (Campsite serves Filtered Water for the entire duration of the stay)
- Personal expenditure of any kind.
- Medical Expenses incurred if any.
- Any other charges not mentioned in "Charges Include".
- Expenses that are incurred due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Goods and Services Tax
Experience and Expertise:
With an experience of 18+ years in planning and organizing tours, Foliage Outdoors helps your child have an amazing camping experience.
Safety and Reliability:
Safety, reliability, experience, and attention to detail - the four pillars of Foliage Outdoors that help us plan the best and safest adventures for your child.
Physical and Emotional safety:
Adventures can quickly turn to disasters if the proper safety rules are not maintained. We consider the safety of our participants of paramount importance and have only qualified supervisors, who are trained to handle all physical and emotional upheavals.
Our Instructors and Volunteers:
A great camp begins with a great camp Leader, which is why, we have instructors and volunteers who are knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with various age-groups and situations.
A year round (12 indoor, 4 outdoors sessions) Volunteers' training programme (VTP) to create a Capable, well-trained team.
VTP concentrates on training of team members in Child psychology, children behaviour, Camp activities, Storytelling, Rifle shooting, etc.
A strong, qualified, and professional team trained in medicine and safety protocol accompanies your child. We have a standing ratio of no more than 10 : 1 (Participants : Instructor), to ensure complete safety and comfort of our participants. All our team members undertake refresher course at regular intervals and have hands-on experience in dealing with various situations.
Knowledgeable and Enthusiastic team:
Enthusiatic, knowledgeable, experienced, trained professionals, who genuinely love the great outdoors - that's our team for you!
Lady Instructor or Girl Volunteer:
All our camps have at least one Lady Instructor to take care of all our girl participants.
First Aid and Medical back-up facility:
In case of an emergency, our team is trained to provide first aid and CPR. All camps are well-connected to the nearest hospital and some have doctors-on-call as well.
24X7 Assistance and SMS updates:
We send daily SMS updates about your child's camp. Additionally, you can find out about all camp activities by dialing 020-66447777.