Sandhan Valley & Ratangad
Sandhan Valley is a natural wonder in itself residing in the Sahyadri range, it is nature's best display of Water eroded rock canyon.
Ratangad is one of the Jewel of the forts, it is 400-year-old and is must visit fort. Amruteshwar temple is also a must-visit as it's built-in Hemadpanthi style in the 8th Century.
Date 11th January 2020, Saturday
0515 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonald's (Opp Karishma Society)
0530 hrs: Departure from Pune, Breakfast en route
1230 - 1500 hrs: Reach Samrad village, Lunch & Rest
1500 - 1800 hrs: Explore Sandhan valley and return to the campsite
1830 - 2200 hrs: Group Interaction, Games, Dinner & Lights off
Date 12th January 2020, Sunday
0530 - 0700 hrs: Wakeup - Freshen-up - Breakfast
0700 - 1200 hrs: Trek to Ratangad
1200 - 1300 hrs: Lunch & Travel back to Pune
1300 - 2100 hrs: Reach Pune - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration:- 9th January 2020, 1600 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (At least 25 - 30 lit). (Compulsory)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dry-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Extra set of clothes & Towel/Napkin (Recommended)
- Winter wear / Warm Clothes / Blanket (Sweater / Jacket / Windcheater) (Compulsory)
- Ear Muffs / Ear Protection Crochet for covering Ears
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, hand sanitizer, Toilet paper)
- Bedding (2 Blankets, Travel pillow)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
- Provisional cash Rs.500/- per person
- Please note: stay is in tents on multiple sharing & the toilet arrangement is in a dry pit toilet tent
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone, etc)
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Transport: Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
After Registration *Temporary WhatsApp group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
What's App group will be formed two days prior to the departure date.
Trek Leader: 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi) & 9673632374 (Prasad Danve)
Back-up contact: 7720012720 Anupam Tamboli
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune to Pune by Non-AC Chartered Vehicle (Tempo Traveller / Bus)
- Meals: Starting from Breakfast on Day 1 till Evening Tea on Day 2
- Accommodation: Very basic Tent on Multiple Sharing
- Exploration as per Itinerary
- Services of Resource Person from Foliage Outdoors
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any accommodation other than mentioned in the Inclusions
- Any Food / Packaged Drinking Water / Beverages other than mentioned in Inclusions
- Any kind of Insurance
- Any change in the program due to reason beyond the control of organizers (Like Road Blocks, Weather, etc)