This fort was mainly used as a watch tower to keep a check on the surrounding regions. From fort, ‘Pali’ and all surrounding areas can be seen. Shivaji Maharaj brought this fort under Swarajya and spent 2000 Hon (the prevailing currency) for its reconstruction. Till independence this fort was under Bhor Sansthan.
- District: Raigad
- Base Village: Pali
- Sarasgad Altitude: Approx 1400 ft above mean sea level
- Sarasgad: Hill Fort
- Grade: Moderate+
Umberkhind was one of the many ghats/ trade routes which descend into the Konkan region. Kurwande ghat starts from Lonavala and descends to Umbre village in Konkan region. The region of Umberkhind stands as a magnificent witness to the brilliant Guerilla warfare strategy of Shivaji Maharaj which was used against the Mughal army and had them a stupendous defeat. As this valley gets surrounded by the huge Sahyadri on the back side, hills on either side, Amba river to one side it forms as a perfect trap for the enemy. This geographical position was used to the best advantage of the Maratha army to defeat the Mughals. On the day of 2nd February 1661 the Marathas won over the Mughal army in Umberkhind.
- District: Raigad
- Village Near: Chavni
0545 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0600 - 0930 hrs: Departure - Breakfast enroute - Reach Pali
0930 - 1400 hrs: Hike up Sarasgad - Explore - Hike Down - Reach Base
1400 - 1500 hrs: Lunch
1500 - 1530 hrs: Pali Ganpati Darshan
1530 - 1730 hr: Proceed to Umberkhind - Reach - Explore
1730 hrs: Start return Journey
2000 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 13th September 2019, 1800 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
Things to Carry : (of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) (to keep yourself hydrated)(Compulsory)
- Small Sack / Backpack with rain cover.
- Sports / Trekking shoes (compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse/Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (useful while return bus journey)
- Wear dry fit track pant and T-shirt (full sleeves)
- Rain wear (jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater
- Extra set of Clothes (for changing purpose as per personal requirement)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (as per personal requirement)
- Light Snacks helpful during the trek (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc)
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (camera, mobiles etc.)
- Provisional cash @ Rs.1200/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
- (At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
Optional Kit :
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought :
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear . (Full track pants are suggested as it avoids injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
We will be travelling by a Pvt Bus (Tempo traveler or similar arrangement)
After Registration you will be added to the *temporary Whats App group "Sarasgad _150919".
In case of any emergency please contact numbers given below:
Trek Leader : 9822763638 / 7720090718 (Aditya Joshi)
Back-up contact : 96736 32374 (Prasad Danve)