- Grade: Moderate
- Altitude: Approx 590 meters above sea level
- Base Village: Pachhapur, Pali
- District: Raigad
- Note - This is proper trek and no closed toilet is available during the trek except at Breakfast Venue.
Sudhagad (Once known as Bhorapgad) is an important fort located in old Princely state of Bhor and now in Raigad District. Sudhagad has a huge area on the top and appears to be a replica of the capital Raigad Fort.
According to the Puranas, "Bhrugu Rishi" had once stayed on the fort and established the temple of "Bhorai Devi". Two ancient man made caves (Around 2200 old) "Thanale" & "Khadsamble" are also located in the periphery of Sudhagad. Guarding old trade routes of "Savashni" and "Naandand" was once the major role of Sudhagad Fort.
Maha Darvaja (Replica of Raigad's Maha Darwaja), Bhorai Devi Temple, Waada (Palace) of Pant Sachiv, Bhoreshwar Temple, Kothar, Takmak Tok are the few places one must see while exploring the fort. The fort gives a great view of the Twin walls of Tail-Baila, Ghangad and Sarasgad.
According to historical records two important events took place around this fort. First is Sambhaji Maharaj met Shahjada Akbar (Son of Aurangjeb) in Pachhapur (Said to be derived from Patshahpur) and second is members of Ashtapradhan were killed by Sambhaji Maharaj in "Parli" village near Sudhagad.
0545 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0600 hrs: Departure from Pune (Breakfast En route)
1000 hrs: Reach Pachhapur Village
1000 - 1700 hrs: Explore Sudhagad (2 hrs Climb + Lunch & 3 hrs Exploring + 2 hrs Descend)
1700 hrs: Start return journey
2030 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 28th September 2019, 1900 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (At least 25 lit) with rain cover. (Recommended)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dri-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Rain wear (Jacket / poncho) OR Windcheater (Recommended)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Extra set of Clothes (If wish to change, No changing space is available for ladies)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone etc)
- Provisional cash @ Rs.1500/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
(At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
Tempo traveler for 10+ participants to make it economical for all.
For lesser participants, Trek Leader will discuss and decide.
After Registration *Temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
Trek Leader : 9822763638 / 7720090718 (Aditya Joshi)
Back-up contact : 96736 32374 (Prasad Danve)
Self contributory: At actual expenses of transport, food & Entry Fees + Registration Fees Rs.100/- Per Person(Non refundable & Non transferable)
Please Note: At actual expenses of transport & food will be equally divided over the participants and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek.