Altitude: Approx 3658 feet above sea level
Villages: Bamnoli, Satara
Vasota also known as Vyaghragad, it is surrounded by dense forest and is on the banks of river Koyna backwaters. This fort is believed to belong to the Shilahar dynasty era, According to some references Shivaji took Vasota after his successful raid on Javli region.
Date: 22nd December 2019, Sunday
0400 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0415 hrs: Departure to Bamnoli village
0415 - 0730 hrs: Reach Bamnoli Village
0730 - 0830 hrs: Breakfast - Briefing
0830 - 1000 hrs: Boat Launch to Vasota Base
1000 - 1600 hrs: Climb + Lunch + Explore + Descend
1600 - 1730 hrs: Boat Launch to Bamnoli village
1730 - 1830 hrs: Freshen up and Tea/Snacks
1830 - 2330 hrs: Departure to Pune - Dinner enroute
2330 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 20th December 2019, 1800 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (20 to 30 lit) (Compulsory)
- Minimum 3 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dry-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Winter wear / Warm Cloths (Jacket / OR Windcheater) (Recommended)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Extra set of Clothes (If wish to change)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
Provisional cash @ Rs.2500/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
(At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone etc)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
Tempo traveler for 10+ participants to make it economical for all.
For lesser participants, Trek Leader will discuss and decide.
After Registration *Temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
Whats App group will be formed by two day prior to the departure date.
Trek Leader : 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi)
Back-up contact : 7720012720(Anupam Tamboli)