Bhimashankar & Bhorgiri
- Grade: Easy
- Altitude: Approx 3150 feet above sea level
- Villages: Bhimashankar & Bhorgiri
- District: Pune
Bhimashankar is a wildlife sanctuary in Maharashtra surrounding the temple of Bhimashankar. This temple is around 1200 – 1400 years old and is built on the Hemad Panthi style. Bhimashankar is a Jyotirlinga and is worshipped for ages, there are many trek routes leading to Bhimashankar. There is River Bhima which originates at Bhimashankar. Our trek route is through this thick forest cover we might get a chance to see Giant Squirrel popularly known as "Shekru" in the Marathi language.
Bhorgiri Fort has two caves which are easily visible from the village. There are remnants of the fortification wall and then to the summit. Here there is a Satvahana era water tank of which two parts have water and the third part is dried up and has a Veerghal kept in it. Circumnavigating the fort on the left we come across a water tank which is in ruins and it has a Shivling carved on it.
0530 hrs: Reporting at Kothrud Office, Karve Road, Near McDonalds (Opp Karishma Society)
0545 hrs: Departure from Pune, Breakfast enroute
0545 - 0930 hrs: Reach trek start point at Bhimashankar.
0930 - 1200 hrs: Start the trek till Bhorgiri fort base
1200 - 1330 hrs: Explore Bhorgiri Fort
1330 - 1430 hrs: Lunch at Bhorgiri Village
1430 - 1530 hrs: Rest & Explore Koteshwar temple
1530 hrs: Start return journey, Evening Tea enroute
2000 hrs: Reach Pune - Contribution Settlement - End of Trip
Deadline for Registration :- 22nd November 2019, 1800 hrs
Here are some tips for a Happy and Safe Excursion!
Things to Carry : (Of course along with your ‘Energy and Enthusiasm’)
✦ Keep this list handy while Packing the Bag ✦
- Small Sack / Backpack (20 to 30 lit) (Compulsory)
- Minimum 2 ltr water bottle(s) & Electral / ORS (to keep yourself hydrated) (Compulsory)
- Light Snacks for self (Fruits / Energy Bars / Chocolates / Dry Fruits etc) (Recommended)
- Wear Dry-fit track pants and T-shirt (full sleeves) (Recommended)
- Winter wear / Warm Cloths (Jacket / OR Windcheater) (Recommended)
- Sun Cap / Hat / Sunglasses (Compulsory)
- Sports / Trekking shoes (Compulsory) (Avoid Woodland / Canvas / Converse / Sandals)
- Floaters / Sports Loafers / Crocs (Useful while return bus journey)
- Extra set of Clothes (If wish to change)
- Trekking Pole & Knee Cap (As per personal requirement)
Provisional cash @ Rs.1500/- per person OR Debit/Credit Card for digital payment.
(At actual expense will be shared and contribution will be collected at the end of the trek)
- Personal Medication if any.
- Camera, Binoculars (Also bring a bag to protect this equipment from dust and Moisture).
- Covers for Electronic gadgets (Camera, Phone etc)
- Small torch with extra batteries.
Things NOT to be brought:
- Avoid Wearing Denim wear. (Full track pants & full sleeve T-shirt is suggested to avoid injury)
- Large amount of cash and costly ornaments.
- Loud Music Instruments.
- Liquor and any of the tobacco items. (Consumption of these items) is NOT ALLOWED on FOLIAGE OUTDOORS EXCURSION.
Chartered Non-AC Vehicle.
Tempo traveler for 10+ participants to make it economical for all.
For lesser participants, Trek Leader will discuss and decide.
After Registration *Temporary Whats App group" will be formed for further instructions & coordination.
Whats App group will be formed by evening Friday prior to the departure date.
Trek Leader : 9822763638 (Aditya Joshi) & 9096458976 (Aniket Sayam)
Back-up contact : 9673632374 (Prasad Danve)